A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Se - from FDA reports
246 females aged 59 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 59 year old female patient who has Cfs. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
246 females aged 59 (±5) who take Se are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 59
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Cfs
- Drugs taken:
- Se (selenium)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Sweating: 0 (0% of females aged 59 (±5) who take the drug)
- Palpitations(feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing): 9 (3.66% of females aged 59 (±5) who take the drug)
- Nausea(feeling of having an urge to vomit): 45 (18.29% of females aged 59 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Nausea in Cfs (chronic fatigue syndrome): 3 (4% of females aged 59 (±5) who have Cfs)
- Palpitations in Cfs (chronic fatigue syndrome): 1 (1.33% of females aged 59 (±5) who have Cfs)
- Sweating in Cfs (chronic fatigue syndrome): 0 (0% of females aged 59 (±5) who have Cfs)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Nausea in Se: 45 (18.29% of females aged 59 (±5) who take Se)
- Palpitations in Se: 9 (3.66% of females aged 59 (±5) who take Se)
- Sweating in Se: 0 (0% of females aged 59 (±5) who take Se)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- Stress and anxiety
- High blood pressure
1 - 6 months:
- Autoimmune hepatitis
- Colitis (inflammation of colon)
- Staphylococcal infection (an infection with staphylococcus bacteria)
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles)
6 - 12 months:
- Neck pain
- Wax blockage
- Glucose tolerance impaired (blood glucose is raised beyond normal levels, but not high enough to warrant a diabetes diagnosis)
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach)
- Spinal osteoarthritis (joint cartilage loss in spine)
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Spinal osteoarthritis (joint cartilage loss in spine)
- Neck pain
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- Toothaches (tooth pain)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 36 people, 14.63%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 22 people, 8.94%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 22 people, 8.94%
- Breast Cancer : 17 people, 6.91%
- High Blood Pressure : 16 people, 6.50%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Magnesium (86 people, 34.96%)
- Biotin (62 people, 25.20%)
- Zometa (61 people, 24.80%)
- Synthroid (59 people, 23.98%)
- Aredia (49 people, 19.92%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone: Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you.
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Ana (antinuclear antibodies) screen, ifa with reflex to titer and pattern ($63.00) Add to cart
- C-reactive protein, (crp) quantitative ($52.00) Add to cart
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- H. pylori antigen, stool-doctor's data kit ($167.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Hemoglobin a1c (hgba1c) with eag ($41.00) Add to cart
- Rheumatoid arthritis (ra) factor ($46.00) Add to cart
- Sedimentation rate ($47.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
What are the drugs?
- Se has active ingredients of selenium. (latest outcomes from Se 2,070 users)
What are the conditions?
- Cfs (chronic fatigue syndrome) can be treated by Adderall, Provigil, Nuvigil, Adderall 20, Ritalin (latest reports from 3,270 Cfs patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Sweating has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, allergies, birth control (latest reports from 343 Sweating patients).
- Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 81,284 Palpitations patients).
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 473,295 Nausea patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Se side effects (1,936 reports)
You may be interested in these posts
- This is Teresa. I have had heart palpitations for around 2 weeks but have taken Apple Cider Vinegar for a lot longer. I think it could be pain n meds and Antiviral drug.
- Take remeron at bed time and wake up sweating what can I do about it
- My name is Aline. 3 months ago I woke up one morning with left hand paralyzed. Lasted about a minute. Ever since I ve been feeling weakness on my left hand and leg, with times of regressions. Intense exercise makes it worse. After 15 days I started having full body myoclonus when lying down ...
- Jim here, 65, I am experiencing Heart Pounding. Most of the time it is Severe when I bend down picking something up. Other times after some light physical activity. Have had a Full cardiac workup, everything good. I don't smoke, no high BP. Taking 100 mg Trazadone. Anyone experiencing this symptom?!
- I will be 80 in November. I am Native American. I have acute pains all over my body.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.