A study for a 95 year old woman who takes Spiriva Respimat, Symbicort - from FDA reports
9 females aged 95 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 95 year old female patient who has Copd. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
9 females aged 95 (±5) who take Spiriva Respimat, Symbicort are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 95
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Copd
- Drugs taken:
- Spiriva Respimat (tiotropium bromide)
- Symbicort (budesonide; formoterol fumarate dihydrate)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Hallucinations(sensations that appear real but are created by your mind): 0 (0% of females aged 95 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hallucinations in Copd (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease): 3 (0.46% of females aged 95 (±5) who have Copd)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hallucinations in Spiriva Respimat: 0 (0% of females aged 95 (±5) who take Spiriva Respimat)
- Hallucinations in Symbicort: 4 (1.76% of females aged 95 (±5) who take Symbicort)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Pancreatitis acute (sudden inflammation of pancreas)
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
- Rectal haemorrhage (bleeding from anus)
- Transient ischaemic attack (a transient episode of neurologic dysfunction caused by ischemia (loss of blood flow))
- Salivary gland infections
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water)
- Multi-organ failure (multisystem organ failure)
- Staphylococcal infection (an infection with staphylococcus bacteria)
- Leukocytoclastic vasculitis (inflammation of small blood vessels (usually post-capillary venules in the dermis), characterized by palpable purpura)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety : 2 people, 22.22%
- Preventive Health Care : 2 people, 22.22%
- Haemorrhoids (a swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus): 2 people, 22.22%
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration : 2 people, 22.22%
- Lower Respiratory Tract Infection : 1 person, 11.11%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Paracetamol (6 people, 66.67%)
- Zopiclone (1 person, 11.11%)
- Triamcinolone (1 person, 11.11%)
- Terbutaline Sulfate (1 person, 11.11%)
- Omeprazole (1 person, 11.11%)
- Lucentis (1 person, 11.11%)
- Glucosamine Sulfate (1 person, 11.11%)
- Fish Oil (1 person, 11.11%)
- Clopidogrel (1 person, 11.11%)
- Ceftriaxone (1 person, 11.11%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take the same medications and have the same conditions
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
What are the drugs?
- Spiriva respimat has active ingredients of tiotropium bromide. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest outcomes from Spiriva respimat 1,036 users)
- Symbicort has active ingredients of budesonide; formoterol fumarate dihydrate. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Symbicort 59,821 users)
What are the conditions?
- Copd (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) can be treated by Spiriva, Symbicort, Advair diskus 250/50, Prednisone, Albuterol sulfate (latest reports from 133,540 Copd patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind) has been reported by people with parkinson's disease, depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 51,712 Hallucinations patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Spiriva respimat and Symbicort drug interaction (125 reports)
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Boschee T, DO PGY II, "Acute Hallucinations: Where Did That Come From?", , 2007 Jan .
- Ezeji GC, Inoue T, Bahtiyar G, Sacerdote A, "Hallucinations associated with miglitol use in a patient with chronic kidney disease and hypothyroidism", BMJ case reports, 2015 Feb .
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Serotonergic Syndrome with Allegra? - now
- Will you have Scab with Keytruda? - a second ago
- Will you have Not Effective with Magnesium? - a second ago
- Will you have Hyperserotonemia with Allegra? - a second ago
- Will you have Non-Accidental Overdose with Primatene Mist? - a second ago
- Will you have Serotonin Syndrome with Allegra? - a second ago
- Will you have Drug Ineffective with Magnesium? - a second ago
- Will you have Iiird Nerve Paralysis with Dexamethasone? - 4 seconds ago
- Uroxatral and Saigon Cassia drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- What to expect when you take Gilenya and have Intertrigo Candida? - 6 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 10 year old boy who takes Quillivant Xr - an hour ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Sucralfate, Omeprazole - an hour ago
- A study for a 50 year old woman who takes Fluoxetine Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Tartrate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Omeprazole, Gabapentin - 2 hours ago
- Prediction of Warfarin Sodium, Prolia, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril for a 72 year old woman - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 61 year old man who takes Baclofen - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Cymbalta, Lamictal - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Biotin - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Biotin - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 78 year old man who takes Atenolol - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 53 year old woman who takes Aubagio - 7 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.