A study for a 64 year old man who takes Msm - from FDA reports
44 males aged 64 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 64 year old male patient who has Hyperacusis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
44 males aged 64 (±5) who take Msm are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 64
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Hyperacusis
- Drugs taken:
- Msm (methylsulfonylmethane)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Tinnitus(a ringing in the ears): 0 (0% of males aged 64 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Tinnitus in Hyperacusis (disorder in loudness perception): 0 (0% of males aged 64 (±5) who have Hyperacusis)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Tinnitus in Msm: 0 (0% of males aged 64 (±5) who take Msm)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Headache (pain in head)
- Muscle aches (muscle pain)
- Breathing difficulty
- Drug ineffective
- Chest pain
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation)
- Tendon pain
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure : 8 people, 18.18%
- Arthropathy : 5 people, 11.36%
- Glycogen Storage Disease Type Ii (an accumulation of glycogen in the lysosome due to deficiency of the lysosomal acid alpha-glucosidase enzyme): 5 people, 11.36%
- Pain : 4 people, 9.09%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 4 people, 9.09%
- High Blood Cholesterol : 4 people, 9.09%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 3 people, 6.82%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 3 people, 6.82%
- High Density Lipoprotein Decreased : 3 people, 6.82%
- Coronary Artery Bypass : 3 people, 6.82%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fish Oil (15 people, 34.09%)
- Vitamin C (12 people, 27.27%)
- Vitamin D3 (9 people, 20.45%)
- Vitamin D (8 people, 18.18%)
- Synthroid (7 people, 15.91%)
- Vitamin E (7 people, 15.91%)
- Lisinopril (7 people, 15.91%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (7 people, 15.91%)
- Magnesium (6 people, 13.64%)
- Vitamin B12 (6 people, 13.64%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take the same medications and have the same conditions
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
What are the drugs?
- Msm has active ingredients of methylsulfonylmethane. It is often used in osteoarthritis. (latest outcomes from Msm 750 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hyperacusis (disorder in loudness perception) (latest reports from 2,755 Hyperacusis patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 36,999 Tinnitus patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Msm side effects (622 reports)
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Interstitial Lung Disease with Levoxyl? - now
- Formoterol Fumarate and Risedronate Sodium drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Vulvovaginitis with Zocor? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Pain In Limb with Hyzaar? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Heart Disease with Peg-Intron? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Cardiovascular Disorders with Peg-Intron? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Cardiovascular Disorder with Peg-Intron? - 4 seconds ago
- Side effect comparison of Baclofen and Potassium Chloride - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Bed Bug Infestation with Diclofenac Sodium? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Facial Wasting with Ibu? - 5 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 41 year old woman who takes Maxalt, Vitamin D3, Zyrtec, Magnesia, Inderal, Cymbalta, Flonase, Zonegran, Calcium, Phenergan, Zinc Sulfate, Buspar - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 43 year old woman who takes Wellbutrin Sr, Fish Oil, Vitamin B12, Gabapentin - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Strattera - 8 hours ago
- Prediction of Prednisone for a 45 year old woman - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 30 year old woman who takes Junel 1.5/30, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Remicade, Lexapro - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 41 year old woman who takes Digitalis, Coumadin - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 67 year old woman who takes Norvasc - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 28 year old woman who takes Propranolol Hydrochloride, Mirtazapine - 12 hours ago
- A study for a 76 year old man who takes Warfarin Sodium - 13 hours ago
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Nadolol, Synthroid - 13 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.