A study for a 64 year old man who takes Ubiquinol - from FDA reports
1,583 males aged 64 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 64 year old male patient who has Hyperacusis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
1,583 males aged 64 (±5) who take Ubiquinol are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 64
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Hyperacusis
- Drugs taken:
- Ubiquinol (coenzyme q - 10)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Tinnitus(a ringing in the ears): 0 (0% of males aged 64 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Tinnitus in Hyperacusis (disorder in loudness perception): 0 (0% of males aged 64 (±5) who have Hyperacusis)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Tinnitus in Ubiquinol: 0 (0% of males aged 64 (±5) who take Ubiquinol)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- Lung infection
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar)
- Ketosis (a state of elevated levels of ketone bodies in the body)
- Multiple myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells)
1 - 6 months:
- Peritonitis (inflammation of the peritoneum, the thin tissue that lines the inner wall of the abdomen and covers most of the abdominal organs)
- Liver disorder (liver diseases)
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:
- Deep venous thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis)
2 - 5 years:
- Rib fracture
- Blood pressure management
- Weight increased
- Impaired work ability
- Prescribed overdose
- Low tissue oxygen
- Sleep disorder
- Memory loss
5 - 10 years:
- Mitral valve incompetence (inefficient heart valve)
- Neck pain
- Loss of consciousness
- Neutrophil count decreased (less than normal number of neutrophil a type of blood cell)
- Musculoskeletal stiffness (stiffness of the body's muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves)
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection)
- Peripheral swelling
- Erection problems
- Neoplasm malignant (cancer tumour)
- Joint swelling
- Haematuria (presence of blood in urine)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure : 181 people, 11.43%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 124 people, 7.83%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 91 people, 5.75%
- Diabetes : 87 people, 5.50%
- Cardiac Disorder : 78 people, 4.93%
- Pain : 77 people, 4.86%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 76 people, 4.80%
- Supplementation Therapy : 72 people, 4.55%
- Preventive Health Care : 64 people, 4.04%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 61 people, 3.85%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fish Oil (358 people, 22.62%)
- Vitamin D3 (240 people, 15.16%)
- Aspirin (211 people, 13.33%)
- Vitamin D (191 people, 12.07%)
- Crestor (186 people, 11.75%)
- Lipitor (173 people, 10.93%)
- Magnesium (165 people, 10.42%)
- Vitamin C (153 people, 9.67%)
- Vitamin B12 (152 people, 9.60%)
- Plavix (150 people, 9.48%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take the same medications and have the same conditions
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
What are the drugs?
- Ubiquinol has active ingredients of coenzyme q - 10. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Ubiquinol 643 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hyperacusis (disorder in loudness perception) (latest reports from 2,755 Hyperacusis patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 36,999 Tinnitus patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Ubiquinol side effects (526 reports)
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Peel MM, Cooke M, Lewis-Peel HJ, Lea RA, Moyle W, "A randomized controlled trial of coenzyme Q 10 for fatigue in the late-onset sequelae of poliomyelitis", Complementary therapies in medicine, 2015 Dec .
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Optiray 320 and Besivance drug interaction - now
- Will you have Sialadenitis with Pantoprazole Sodium? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Parotitis with Pantoprazole Sodium? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Salivary Gland Infections with Pantoprazole Sodium? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Sadism with Spondylosis? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Oculogyric Crisis with Vitamin B12? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Tremor Aggravated with Topamax? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Pancreatic Neoplasm with Neurontin? - 3 seconds ago
- Clopidogrel and Pregabalin drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Tooth Disorder with Dilantin? - 6 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 10 year old boy who takes Quillivant Xr - an hour ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Sucralfate, Omeprazole - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 50 year old woman who takes Fluoxetine Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Tartrate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Omeprazole, Gabapentin - 3 hours ago
- Prediction of Warfarin Sodium, Prolia, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril for a 72 year old woman - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 61 year old man who takes Baclofen - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Cymbalta, Lamictal - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Biotin - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Biotin - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 78 year old man who takes Atenolol - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 53 year old woman who takes Aubagio - 8 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.