A study for a 29 year old man who takes Zetia - from FDA reports
157 males aged 29 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 29 year old male patient who has Fatty Liver. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
157 males aged 29 (±5) who take Zetia are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 29
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Fatty Liver
- Drugs taken:
- Zetia (ezetimibe)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Hunger: 0 (0% of males aged 29 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hunger in Fatty Liver : 0 (0% of males aged 29 (±5) who have Fatty Liver)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hunger in Zetia: 0 (0% of males aged 29 (±5) who take Zetia)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- Headache (pain in head)
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect)
- Abdominal pain
- Pharyngeal oedema (abnormal accumulation of fluid in the cavities and intercellular spaces of the pharyngeal)
- Rashes (redness)
- Penile blister
- Formication (a sensation that exactly resembles that of small insects crawling on (or under) the skin)
- Meningitis viral (viral inflammation of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord, known collectively as the meninges)
1 - 6 months:
- Alanine aminotransferase increased
- Aspartate aminotransferase increased
- Abdominal pain upper
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- Blood creatinine increased
- Neck pain
- Gastric ulcer haemorrhage (bleeding ulcer of stomach)
- Drug ineffective
- Kidney transplant rejection
- Muscle aches (muscle pain)
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Depressed level of consciousness
- Peripheral coldness
- Altered state of consciousness (altered state of mind)
- C-reactive protein increased
- Craniopharyngioma (a type of brain tumour derived from pituitary gland embryonic tissue)
- Anti-insulin antibody positive
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development)
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure)
- Drug hypersensitivity
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Type Iia Hyperlipidaemia (abnormally elevated levels of any or all lipids and/or lipoproteins in the blood- type iia): 23 people, 14.65%
- High Blood Pressure : 18 people, 11.46%
- Preventive Health Care : 17 people, 10.83%
- Depression : 16 people, 10.19%
- Dyslipidaemia (abnormal amount of lipids): 10 people, 6.37%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 9 people, 5.73%
- Hyperuricaemia (level of uric acid in the blood that is abnormally high): 9 people, 5.73%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 8 people, 5.10%
- Headache (pain in head): 7 people, 4.46%
- Stress And Anxiety : 7 people, 4.46%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lipitor (20 people, 12.74%)
- Crestor (18 people, 11.46%)
- Plavix (11 people, 7.01%)
- Zocor (10 people, 6.37%)
- Metformin (10 people, 6.37%)
- Nexium (9 people, 5.73%)
- Lasix (9 people, 5.73%)
- Seroquel (8 people, 5.10%)
- Neoral (8 people, 5.10%)
- Aspirin (8 people, 5.10%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take the same medications and have the same conditions
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
What are the drugs?
- Zetia has active ingredients of ezetimibe. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Zetia 38,963 users)
What are the conditions?
- Fatty liver can be treated by Milk thistle (latest reports from 2,855 Fatty liver patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Hunger has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 20,720 Hunger patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Zetia side effects (38,028 reports)
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Hallucinations, Mixed with Aleve? - a second ago
- Will you have Asphyxia with Actemra? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Skin - Oily with Magnesium Trisilicate? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Corneal Ulcers And Infections with Citalopram Hydrobromide? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Drowsiness with Cotrim? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Somnolence with Cotrim? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Sleepy with Cotrim? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Sleepiness - During The Day with Cotrim? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Hypersomnia with Cotrim? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Drowsiness, Hypersomnia, Sleepiness - During The Day, Somnolence with Cotrim? - 5 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 68 year old man who takes Xeloda - an hour ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Maxide - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Prednisone - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Losartan, Humira, Hydrochlorothiazide, Prednisone, Durezol - 5 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Clexane, Atarax, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Mirtazapine for a 53 year old woman - 5 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 53 year old woman - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 16 year old girl who takes Pristiq - 10 hours ago
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Escitalopram, Mirena, Strattera - 13 hours ago
- Prediction of Benadryl, Nabumetone for a 23 year old woman - 14 hours ago
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Escitalopram, Mirena, Strattera - 14 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.