A study for a 29 year old man who takes Zetia - from FDA reports
157 males aged 29 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 29 year old male patient who has Fatty Liver. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
157 males aged 29 (±5) who take Zetia are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 29
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Fatty Liver
- Drugs taken:
- Zetia (ezetimibe)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Hunger: 0 (0% of males aged 29 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hunger in Fatty Liver : 0 (0% of males aged 29 (±5) who have Fatty Liver)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hunger in Zetia: 0 (0% of males aged 29 (±5) who take Zetia)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- Headache (pain in head)
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect)
- Abdominal pain
- Pharyngeal oedema (abnormal accumulation of fluid in the cavities and intercellular spaces of the pharyngeal)
- Rashes (redness)
- Penile blister
- Formication (a sensation that exactly resembles that of small insects crawling on (or under) the skin)
- Meningitis viral (viral inflammation of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord, known collectively as the meninges)
1 - 6 months:
- Alanine aminotransferase increased
- Aspartate aminotransferase increased
- Abdominal pain upper
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- Blood creatinine increased
- Neck pain
- Gastric ulcer haemorrhage (bleeding ulcer of stomach)
- Drug ineffective
- Kidney transplant rejection
- Muscle aches (muscle pain)
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Depressed level of consciousness
- Peripheral coldness
- Altered state of consciousness (altered state of mind)
- C-reactive protein increased
- Craniopharyngioma (a type of brain tumour derived from pituitary gland embryonic tissue)
- Anti-insulin antibody positive
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development)
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure)
- Drug hypersensitivity
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Type Iia Hyperlipidaemia (abnormally elevated levels of any or all lipids and/or lipoproteins in the blood- type iia): 23 people, 14.65%
- High Blood Pressure : 18 people, 11.46%
- Preventive Health Care : 17 people, 10.83%
- Depression : 16 people, 10.19%
- Dyslipidaemia (abnormal amount of lipids): 10 people, 6.37%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 9 people, 5.73%
- Hyperuricaemia (level of uric acid in the blood that is abnormally high): 9 people, 5.73%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 8 people, 5.10%
- Headache (pain in head): 7 people, 4.46%
- Stress And Anxiety : 7 people, 4.46%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lipitor (20 people, 12.74%)
- Crestor (18 people, 11.46%)
- Plavix (11 people, 7.01%)
- Zocor (10 people, 6.37%)
- Metformin (10 people, 6.37%)
- Nexium (9 people, 5.73%)
- Lasix (9 people, 5.73%)
- Seroquel (8 people, 5.10%)
- Neoral (8 people, 5.10%)
- Aspirin (8 people, 5.10%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone:
What are the drugs?
- Zetia has active ingredients of ezetimibe. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Zetia 38,963 users)
What are the conditions?
- Fatty liver can be treated by Milk thistle (latest reports from 2,855 Fatty liver patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Hunger has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 20,720 Hunger patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Zetia side effects (38,028 reports)
Recent general studies
- Foalswort and Hordeum drug interaction - now
- Riboflavin and Oat Fiber drug interaction - a second ago
- Voltaren and Lavender drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Versed and Macrobid drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Kale and Jambolao drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Salivary Gland Atrophy with Olanzapine? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Ear Bleeding with Lyrica? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Uterine Corpus Cancer with Oxycontin? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Uterine Cancer with Oxycontin? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Endometrial/Uterine Adenocarcinoma with Oxycontin? - 5 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 13 year old boy who takes Keppra, Strattera - 3 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Clonazepam, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Baclofen for a 78 year old man - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old man who takes Harvoni - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 75 year old man who takes Pravastatin Sodium - 10 hours ago
- A study for a 26 year old man who takes Acetyl-carnitine, Saw Palmetto, Herba Ginkgo Biloba - 13 hours ago
- A study for a 51 year old man who takes Crestor, Otezla - 14 hours ago
- A study for a 74 year old man who takes Losartan - 14 hours ago
- A study for a 26 year old woman who takes Remicade - 15 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Adderall 30, Vistaril, Naltrexone Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Lexapro - 15 hours ago
- A study for a 79 year old man who takes Phenylephrine Hydrochloride - 16 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.