A study for a 73 year old man who takes Micardis, Felodipine - from FDA reports
23 males aged 73 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 73 year old male patient who has Hypertension. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
23 males aged 73 (±5) who take Micardis, Felodipine are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 73
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Hypertension
- Drugs taken:
- Micardis (telmisartan)
- Felodipine (felodipine)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Erectile Dysfunction: 0 (0% of males aged 73 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Erectile Dysfunction in Hypertension (high blood pressure): 124 (0.3% of males aged 73 (±5) who have Hypertension)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Erectile Dysfunction in Micardis: 2 (0.08% of males aged 73 (±5) who take Micardis)
- Erectile Dysfunction in Felodipine: 11 (0.65% of males aged 73 (±5) who take Felodipine)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:
- Suicide attempt
- Atrioventricular block complete (heart block complete)
- Renal failure acute (rapid kidney dysfunction)
- Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone)
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Hyponatremia (abnormally low level of sodium in the blood; associated with dehydration)
- Back injury
- International normalised ratio increased
- Chest pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Back pain
- Drug intolerance (drug sensitivity)
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- Metamorphopsia (a type of distorted vision in which a grid of straight lines appears wavy and parts of the grid may appear blank)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hyperaldosteronism : 3 people, 13.04%
- Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body): 2 people, 8.70%
- Polymyalgia (pain in many muscles): 2 people, 8.70%
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome : 2 people, 8.70%
- Coronary Heart Disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 2 people, 8.70%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 2 people, 8.70%
- Type 2 Diabetes : 2 people, 8.70%
- High Blood Cholesterol : 2 people, 8.70%
- Cardiac Disorder : 1 person, 4.35%
- Cerebellar Infarction (impaired blood circulation to cerebellum): 1 person, 4.35%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (5 people, 21.74%)
- Atenolol (5 people, 21.74%)
- Clonidine (3 people, 13.04%)
- Aldactone (3 people, 13.04%)
- Hytrin (3 people, 13.04%)
- Zolpidem Tartrate (2 people, 8.70%)
- Linagliptin (2 people, 8.70%)
- Lactulose (2 people, 8.70%)
- Gliclazide (2 people, 8.70%)
- Fluoxetine (2 people, 8.70%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
You are not alone:
What are the drugs?
- Micardis has active ingredients of telmisartan. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Micardis 22,612 users)
- Felodipine has active ingredients of felodipine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Felodipine 10,517 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) can be treated by Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Atenolol, Losartan, Amlodipine besylate (latest reports from 640,893 Hypertension patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Erectile dysfunction has been reported by people with erection problems, hair loss, androgenetic alopecia, depression, high blood pressure (latest reports from 57,365 Erectile dysfunction patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Micardis and Felodipine drug interaction (59 reports)
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Kim HK, Youm JB, Lee SR, Lim SE, Lee SY, Ko TH, Nilius B, Noh JH, Ko KS, Rhee BD, Kim N, "The angiotensin receptor blocker and PPAR-γ agonist, telmisartan, delays inactivation of voltage-gated sodium channel in rat heart: novel mechanism of drug action", Pflügers Archiv-European Journal of Physiology, 2012 Dec .
- Kato Y, Mukai Y, Rane A, Inotsume N, Toda T, "The inhibitory effect of telmisartan on the metabolism of arachidonic acid by CYP2C9 and CYP2C8: an in vitro study", Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, 2017 Sep .
Recent general studies
- St. John'S Wort and Xermelo drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Blood Test Abnormal with Topamax? - a second ago
- Will you have Excessive Or Unwanted Hair In Women with Nutropin Aq? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Abdominal Sepsis with Coenzyme Q10? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Hypertrichosis with Nutropin Aq? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Hair - Excessive (Women) with Nutropin Aq? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Fever with Dysgeusia? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Hirsutism with Nutropin Aq? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Pyrexia with Dysgeusia? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Heat Stroke with Dysgeusia? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Enbrel - an hour ago
- A study for a 82 year old man who takes Lyrica - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 64 year old man who takes Amlodipine Besylate; Benazepril Hydrochloride - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Losartan Potassium - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 88 year old man who takes Tylenol, Azithromycin - 4 hours ago
- Prediction of Levonorgestrel;ethinyl;estradiol;ethinyl;estradiol for a 26 year old woman - 5 hours ago
- Prediction of Desogestrel; Ethinylestradiol; Ethinyl Estradiol for a 26 year old woman - 6 hours ago
- Prediction of Crestor for a 70 year old man - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 40 year old woman who takes Zoloft, Vivitrol - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Losartan Potassium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Lantus Solostar, Glimepiride, Tramadol - 7 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.