A study for a 87 year old man who takes Caffeine - from FDA reports
14 males aged 87 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 87 year old male patient who has Constipation. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
14 males aged 87 (±5) who take Caffeine are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 87
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Constipation
- Drugs taken:
- Caffeine (caffeine)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Autonomic Nervous System Imbalance(autonomic nervous system is of net equal emphasis): 0 (0% of males aged 87 (±5) who take the drug)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness: 0 (0% of males aged 87 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Autonomic Nervous System Imbalance in Constipation : 0 (0% of males aged 87 (±5) who have Constipation)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Constipation : 63 (2.65% of males aged 87 (±5) who have Constipation)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Autonomic Nervous System Imbalance in Caffeine: 0 (0% of males aged 87 (±5) who take Caffeine)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Caffeine: 0 (0% of males aged 87 (±5) who take Caffeine)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- Cytomegalovirus infection
- The flu (the flu is caused by an influenza virus)
- Loss of consciousness
- Appetite - decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat)
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood)
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the nasopharynx)
- Incision site pain
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Amyloidosis (a tumour within which amyloid is produced)
- Completed suicide (act of taking one's own life)
- Atherosclerosis (disorder of the arteries)
- Hypertensive heart disease
- Anti-erythropoietin antibody positive
- Fibrosis (formation of excess fibrous connective tissue in an organ or tissue)
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure)
- Breathing difficulty
- Cytomegalovirus infection
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hypokalemia (low potassium): 9 people, 64.29%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 9 people, 64.29%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 8 people, 57.14%
- Urinary Tract Infection : 8 people, 57.14%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 8 people, 57.14%
- Dry Skin : 8 people, 57.14%
- Spinal Compression Fracture (fracture due to spinal compression on bone): 8 people, 57.14%
- Essential Tremor : 8 people, 57.14%
- Hyperuricaemia (level of uric acid in the blood that is abnormally high): 8 people, 57.14%
- Preventive Health Care : 8 people, 57.14%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Sulfamethoxazole (8 people, 57.14%)
- Riboflavin (8 people, 57.14%)
- Zofran (7 people, 50.00%)
- Xylocaine (7 people, 50.00%)
- Velcade (7 people, 50.00%)
- Zovirax (7 people, 50.00%)
- Melphalan (6 people, 42.86%)
- Flomax (4 people, 28.57%)
- Humulin R (3 people, 21.43%)
- Vitamin D3 (3 people, 21.43%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take the same medications and have the same conditions
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
What are the drugs?
- Caffeine has active ingredients of caffeine. It is often used in fatigue. (latest outcomes from Caffeine 2,054 users)
What are the conditions?
- Constipation can be treated by Miralax, Colace, Amitiza, Senna, Lactulose (latest reports from 187,961 Constipation patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Autonomic nervous system imbalance (autonomic nervous system is of net equal emphasis) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 2,345 Autonomic nervous system imbalance patients).
- Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 361,003 Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Caffeine side effects (1,838 reports)
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Zolpidem and Sotalol Hydrochloride drug interaction - now
- Will you have Keratin Cyst with Sulfasalazine? - now
- Will you have Bloodshot Eye with Alphagan? - a second ago
- Men aged 40-49 who have Thrombocytopenia with Moban - 2 seconds ago
- Men aged 30-39 who have Liver Function Test Abnormal with Mucinex - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Hypoglycemia with Tamiflu? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Insulin Shock with Tamiflu? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Hypoglycaemia with Tamiflu? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Low Blood Sugar with Tamiflu? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Hypokinesia with Atarax? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 69 year old man who takes Flonase, Symbicort - 52 minutes ago
- A study for a 35 year old woman who takes Celebrex, Effexor Xr - an hour ago
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Crestor, Metoprolol Tartrate, Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (81mg Aspirin) - an hour ago
- A study for a 33 year old man who takes Cephalexin, Loratadine - an hour ago
- Prediction of Olanzapine for a 60 year old man - an hour ago
- A study for a 63 year old woman who takes Klonopin, Prozac, Wellbutrin Xl - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 61 year old man who takes Clonidine, Singulair, Butrans, Doxepin Hydrochloride, Meloxicam, Cialis, Flomax - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 73 year old woman who takes Irbesartan - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 74 year old woman who takes Hydrochlorothiazide, Janumet, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Amlodipine, Metoprolol Tartrate, Omeprazole, Glyburide, Simvastatin, Aspirin - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 36 year old woman who takes Meloxicam, Hydroxyzine, Vyvanse, Zoloft, Topiramate, Suboxone, Adderall - 6 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.