A study for a 32 year old woman who takes Accutane, Cosentyx - from FDA reports
1 female aged 32 (±5) who takes the same drugs is studied. This is a personalized study for a 32 year old female patient who has Acne, Psoriasis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
1 female aged 32 (±5) who takes Accutane, Cosentyx is studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 32
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Acne, Psoriasis
- Drugs taken:
- Accutane (isotretinoin)
- Cosentyx (secukinumab)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Bone And Joint Pain: 0 (0% of females aged 32 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Muscle Pain And Weakness: 0 (0% of females aged 32 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Bone And Joint Pain in Acne (skin problems that cause pimples): 169 (2.42% of females aged 32 (±5) who have Acne)
- Bone And Joint Pain in Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 355 (3.46% of females aged 32 (±5) who have Psoriasis)
- Muscle Pain And Weakness in Acne (skin problems that cause pimples): 0 (0% of females aged 32 (±5) who have Acne)
- Muscle Pain And Weakness in Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 0 (0% of females aged 32 (±5) who have Psoriasis)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Bone And Joint Pain in Accutane: 290 (10.31% of females aged 32 (±5) who take Accutane)
- Bone And Joint Pain in Cosentyx: 39 (4.05% of females aged 32 (±5) who take Cosentyx)
- Muscle Pain And Weakness in Accutane: 0 (0% of females aged 32 (±5) who take Accutane)
- Muscle Pain And Weakness in Cosentyx: 0 (0% of females aged 32 (±5) who take Cosentyx)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Chest pain
- Peripheral swelling
- Limb discomfort (discomfort in leg)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take the same medications and have the same conditions
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
What are the drugs?
- Accutane has active ingredients of isotretinoin. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Accutane 32,192 users)
- Cosentyx has active ingredients of secukinumab. It is often used in psoriatic arthritis. (latest outcomes from Cosentyx 39,440 users)
What are the conditions?
- Acne (skin problems that cause pimples) can be treated by Accutane, Spironolactone, Doxycycline, Minocycline hydrochloride, Doxycycline hyclate (latest reports from 72,389 Acne patients)
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin) can be treated by Humira, Methotrexate, Enbrel, Stelara, Methotrexate sodium (latest reports from 246,951 Psoriasis patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Bone and joint pain has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, psoriatic arthropathy (latest reports from 279,970 Bone and joint pain patients).
- Muscle pain and weakness (latest reports from 4 Muscle pain and weakness patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Accutane and Cosentyx drug interaction (2 reports)
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Chiriac A, Brzezinski P, Stolnicu S, Podoleanu C, Moldovan C, Molnar C, Taranu T, "Eosinophilia–A rare possible adverse reaction during anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapy for psoriasis", Journal of Dermatological Treatment, 2016 Mar .
- Malisiewicz B, Murer C, Schmid JP, French LE, Schmid-Grendelmeier P, Navarini AA, "Eosinophilia during psoriasis treatment with TNF antagonists", Dermatology, 2015 Jan .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Pain In Extremity with Acamprosate Calcium? - now
- Will you have Radioactive Iodine Therapy with Diovan? - a second ago
- Men aged 40-49 who have Acute Intermittent Porphyria with Zantac - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Calcium Ionised Increased with Abelcet? - 3 seconds ago
- Ocusulf-30 and Badar drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Marinol and Qin Cai drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Women aged 30-39 who have Myelodysplastic Syndrome with Plaquenil - 10 seconds ago
- Will you have Skin Atrophy with Retin-A? - 10 seconds ago
- Will you have Bleeding Into The Skin with Systemic Mastocytosis? - 10 seconds ago
- Will you have Skin Spots - Red with Systemic Mastocytosis? - 10 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 23 year old man who takes Ipratropium Bromide - 17 minutes ago
- A study for a 62 year old man who takes Lasix - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 46 year old man who takes Losartan Potassium, Divalproex, Mirtazapine - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 42 year old woman who takes Cymbalta, Sam-e, Topamax - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 83 year old woman who takes Pradaxa - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old man who takes Anastrozole, Natural Dhea, Vitamins, Sustanon, Levitra, Omega Fatty Acid, Tadalafil, Ovidrel - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 76 year old man who takes Mesalamine - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 64 year old woman who takes Lisinopril - 9 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Meloxicam, Methotrexate, Sulfasalazine, Rifinah, B6 for a 42 year old woman - 10 hours ago
- A study for a 44 year old woman who takes Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Xarelto, Butorphanol Tartrate Preservative Free, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Tartrate, Wellbutrin Sr, Lisinopril - 11 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.