A study for a 23 year old man who takes Griseofulvin - from FDA reports
5 males aged 23 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 23 year old male patient who has Tinea Of The Scalp. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
5 males aged 23 (±5) who take Griseofulvin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 23
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Tinea Of The Scalp
- Drugs taken:
- Griseofulvin (griseofulvin, microcrystalline)
eHealthMe real world results:
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:
- Suicide attempt
- Headache (pain in head)
- Pharyngolaryngeal pain
- Abdominal pain upper
- Stress and anxiety
- Hallucination, auditory (perceiving sounds without auditory stimulus)
- Anorexia (eating disorder characterized by immoderate food restriction and irrational fear of gaining weight)
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Suicide attempt
- Hyperhidrosis (abnormally increased sweating)
- Liver function tests nos abnormal
- Muscle aches (muscle pain)
- Muscle twitching
- Breathing difficulty
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect)
- Pulse abnormal
- Hepatitis acute
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 20.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ketoconazole (1 person, 20.00%)
- Itraconazole (1 person, 20.00%)
- Indomethacin (1 person, 20.00%)
- Feldene (1 person, 20.00%)
- Aspirin (1 person, 20.00%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take the same medications and have the same conditions
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
What are the drugs?
- Griseofulvin has active ingredients of griseofulvin, microcrystalline. It is often used in fungal infection. (latest outcomes from Griseofulvin 211 users)
What are the conditions?
- Tinea of the scalp (a fungal infection of the scalp) can be treated by Ketoconazole, Terbinafine hydrochloride (latest reports from 191 Tinea of the scalp patients)
- Griseofulvin side effects (186 reports)
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Diabetes with Angiopathy? - now
- Will you have Blood Amylase Abnormal with Botox? - now
- Fiorinal and Clopidogrel drug interaction - a second ago
- Marcaine and Vaccinium Macrocarpon drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Anemia with Trintellix? - 9 seconds ago
- Will you have Yellow Fever with Baraclude? - 9 seconds ago
- Tirosint and Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Will you have Blood Calcium Increased with Actifed? - 10 seconds ago
- Will you have Pre-Eclampsia with Albuterol? - 10 seconds ago
- Will you have Labor Pain with L-2-Amino-3-(Indole-3-Yl) Propionic Acid? - 11 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Humira, Lamictal - an hour ago
- A study for a 65 year old man who takes Symbicort - an hour ago
- A study for a 67 year old woman who takes Cellcept, Prednisone - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old man who takes Viagra - 4 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Cialis, Viagra for a 59 year old man - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old man who takes Klonopin - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 68 year old man who takes Nardil, Ambien - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 57 year old man who takes Escitalopram, Atorvastatin Calcium, Nuvigil, Lamictal Xr, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Irbesartan - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 64 year old woman who takes Sandostatin, Sandostatin Lar - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Nexium 24hr, Ibuprofen - 10 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.