A study for a 55 year old man who takes Niacin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Furosemide, Fenofibrate, Allopurinol, Carvedilol, Metformin - from FDA reports
1 male aged 55 (±5) who takes the same drugs is studied. This is a personalized study for a 55 year old male patient who has High Blood Pressure, Heart Failure, Gout, Heart Disease, Diabetes. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
1 male aged 55 (±5) who takes Niacin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Furosemide, Fenofibrate, Allopurinol, Carvedilol, Metformin is studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 55
- Gender: male
- Conditions: High Blood Pressure, Heart Failure, Gout, Heart Disease, Diabetes
- Drugs taken:
- Niacin (niacin)
- Atorvastatin Calcium (atorvastatin calcium)
- Furosemide (furosemide)
- Fenofibrate (fenofibrate)
- Allopurinol (allopurinol)
- Carvedilol (carvedilol)
- Metformin (metformin hydrochloride)
eHealthMe real world results:
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Restless leg syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs)
- Breathing difficulty
- Blood sodium decreased
- Ejection fraction decreased (systolic heart failure)
- Hyperhidrosis (abnormally increased sweating)
- Acute kidney failure
- Anaemia of chronic disease
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Cardiac Failure Congestive : 1 person, 100.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zetia (1 person, 100.00%)
- Zestril (1 person, 100.00%)
- Advair Diskus 100/50 (1 person, 100.00%)
- Albuterol (1 person, 100.00%)
- Ambien (1 person, 100.00%)
- Augmentin (1 person, 100.00%)
- Avandia (1 person, 100.00%)
- Caduet (1 person, 100.00%)
- Coumadin (1 person, 100.00%)
- Digoxin (1 person, 100.00%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take the same medications and have the same conditions
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
What are the drugs?
- Niacin has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Niacin 7,453 users)
- Atorvastatin calcium has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Atorvastatin calcium 34,006 users)
- Furosemide has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from Furosemide 173,097 users)
- Fenofibrate has active ingredients of fenofibrate. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Fenofibrate 22,226 users)
- Allopurinol has active ingredients of allopurinol. It is often used in gout. (latest outcomes from Allopurinol 105,745 users)
- Carvedilol has active ingredients of carvedilol. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Carvedilol 58,237 users)
- Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Metformin 259,096 users)
What are the conditions?
- High blood pressure can be treated by Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Atenolol, Losartan, Amlodipine besylate (latest reports from 640,893 High blood pressure patients)
- Heart failure can be treated by Lasix, Furosemide, Carvedilol, Coreg, Digoxin (latest reports from 1,063 Heart failure patients)
- Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) can be treated by Allopurinol, Indomethacin, Uloric, Colcrys, Indocin (latest reports from 30,949 Gout patients)
- Heart disease can be treated by Aspirin, Plavix, Metoprolol tartrate, Carvedilol, Lisinopril (latest reports from 32,853 Heart disease patients)
- Diabetes can be treated by Metformin, Metformin hydrochloride, Lantus, Januvia, Glipizide (latest reports from 328,603 Diabetes patients)
- Niacin and Atorvastatin calcium drug interaction (49 reports)
- Niacin and Furosemide drug interaction (451 reports)
- Niacin and Fenofibrate drug interaction (95 reports)
- Niacin and Allopurinol drug interaction (311 reports)
- Niacin and Carvedilol drug interaction (190 reports)
- Niacin and Metformin drug interaction (576 reports)
- Atorvastatin calcium and Furosemide drug interaction (3,364 reports)
- Atorvastatin calcium and Fenofibrate drug interaction (552 reports)
- Atorvastatin calcium and Allopurinol drug interaction (1,558 reports)
- Atorvastatin calcium and Carvedilol drug interaction (1,456 reports)
- Atorvastatin calcium and Metformin drug interaction (3,518 reports)
- Furosemide and Fenofibrate drug interaction (1,926 reports)
- Furosemide and Allopurinol drug interaction (15,148 reports)
- Furosemide and Carvedilol drug interaction (13,355 reports)
- Furosemide and Metformin drug interaction (16,425 reports)
- Fenofibrate and Allopurinol drug interaction (1,267 reports)
- Fenofibrate and Carvedilol drug interaction (1,035 reports)
- Fenofibrate and Metformin drug interaction (4,214 reports)
- Allopurinol and Carvedilol drug interaction (4,444 reports)
- Allopurinol and Metformin drug interaction (8,952 reports)
- Carvedilol and Metformin drug interaction (4,360 reports)
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Wiwanitkit S, Wiwanitkit V, "Metformin and sleep disorders", Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism, 2012 Jan .
- Al-Hamdy RA, "Assessment of electrolytes and HbA1c in type 2 diabetic patients using metformin and evaluation of guidelines obedience regarding renal impairment", J.Thi-Qar Sci., 2015 Jan .
- ŽUPANIĆ KRMEK DU, BRAJKOVIĆ I, BEKIĆ D, KRNIĆ A, JURKOVIĆ P, PAVLOVIĆ T, "CALCIFIED DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS IN A PATIENT WITH RECURRENT DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS AND SARCOIDOSIS", Acta Medica Croatica, 2014 Mar .
- Ochoa PS, Fisher T, "A 7‐Year Case of Furosemide‐Induced Immune Thrombocytopenia", Pharmacotherapy: The Journal of Human Pharmacology and Drug Therapy, 2013 Jul .
- Kim MS, Baek IH, "Effect of dronedarone on the pharmacokinetics of carvedilol following oral administration to rats", European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2018 Jan .
- Loebl T, Raskin S, "A novel case report: acute manic psychotic episode after treatment with niacin", The Journal of neuropsychiatry and clinical neurosciences, 2013 Jan .
- Lee IS, Kim KS, Kim KH, Park J, Jeong HS, Kim Y, Na YC, Chung WS, Ahn KS, Lee SG, Um JY, "Antihyperglycemic and Antiobesity Effects of JAL2 on db/db Mice", Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2016 Mar .
- Protić D, Baltić S, Stupar N, Pavlov-Dolijanović S, Mugoša S, Todorović Z, "A case of myositis with immunological background associated with statin use", Open Medicine, 2014 Oct .
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Gallbladder Cancer Stage Iv with Neupogen? - 4 seconds ago
- Orencia and Caa-He-É drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Bronchiolitis with Retrovir? - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Arthropathy with Toviaz? - 8 seconds ago
- How effective is Aspirin for Cardiomyopathy? - 9 seconds ago
- Probiotic and Silymarin drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Will you have Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm with Kefurox? - 11 seconds ago
- Will you have Movement - Uncoordinated with Mephyton? - 11 seconds ago
- Alvesco and Incruse Ellipta drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Will you have Loss Of Coordination with Mephyton? - 11 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Amlodipine Besylate, Prozac, Trileptal, Vyvanse, Metoprolol Succinate - 49 minutes ago
- A study for a 24 year old woman who takes Reglan, Bentyl - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Humira, Calcium, Folic Acid, Paxil, Biotin, Methotrexate, Metformin - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 39 year old woman who takes Zoloft, Seroquel, Gabapentin - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 49 year old woman who takes Wellbutrin Sr, Mirena - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 69 year old man who takes Aricept - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Finasteride, Oxycodone, Methocarbamol - 6 hours ago
- Prediction of Phentermine for a 41 year old woman - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 78 year old woman who takes Tikosyn, Gabapentin - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Benadryl, Prozac, Hydroxyzine, Caffeine, Lamictal Xr - 6 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.