A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Primidone, Dilantin - from FDA reports
47 females aged 71 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 71 year old female patient who has Epilepsy. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
47 females aged 71 (±5) who take Primidone, Dilantin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 71
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Epilepsy
- Drugs taken:
- Primidone (primidone)
- Dilantin (phenytoin sodium)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Epilepsy(common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures): 0 (0% of females aged 71 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Epilepsy in Primidone: 4 (0.58% of females aged 71 (±5) who take Primidone)
- Epilepsy in Dilantin: 5 (0.44% of females aged 71 (±5) who take Dilantin)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:
- Visual impairment
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break)
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- Rib fracture
- Skin abscess
- Staphylococcal infection (an infection with staphylococcus bacteria)
- Muscle strain (an injury to a muscle in which the muscle fibres tear)
- Muscle spasms (muscle contraction)
- Gastroenteritis (inflammation of stomach and intestine)
- Sprains (an injury to the ligaments around a joint)
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- Speech impairment (adult) (inability to speak (adult))
- Feeling cold
- Bone disorder
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 13 people, 27.66%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 11 people, 23.40%
- Hormone Replacement Therapy : 4 people, 8.51%
- Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy : 2 people, 4.26%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 1 person, 2.13%
- Partial Seizures (seizures which affect only a part of the brain at onset): 1 person, 2.13%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 1 person, 2.13%
- Macular Degeneration (painless eye condition that leads to the gradual loss of central vision): 1 person, 2.13%
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell (lung cancer): 1 person, 2.13%
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (chronic lung disease): 1 person, 2.13%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fosamax (11 people, 23.40%)
- Synthroid (7 people, 14.89%)
- Alendronate Sodium (7 people, 14.89%)
- Forteo (7 people, 14.89%)
- Aciphex (5 people, 10.64%)
- Lasix (5 people, 10.64%)
- Zestril (5 people, 10.64%)
- Allegra (5 people, 10.64%)
- Diamox (3 people, 6.38%)
- Levothyroxine Sodium (3 people, 6.38%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take the same medications and have the same conditions
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
What are the drugs?
- Primidone has active ingredients of primidone. It is often used in essential tremor. (latest outcomes from Primidone 6,115 users)
- Dilantin has active ingredients of phenytoin sodium. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Dilantin 20,760 users)
What are the conditions?
- Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures) can be treated by Ativan, Banzel, Carbamazepine, Carbatrol, Clonazepam (latest reports from 73,866 Epilepsy patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures) has been reported by people with epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 73,866 Epilepsy patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Primidone and Dilantin drug interaction (231 reports)
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Akasaka E, Kayo SJ, Nakano H, Ishii N, Hashimoto T, Sawamura D, "Diaminodiphenyl Sulfone-Induced Hemolytic Anemia and Alopecia in a Case of Linear IgA Bullous Dermatosis", Case reports in dermatology, 2017 Jan .
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Hypersexuality with Lorazepam? - 2 seconds ago
- Alesse and Echinacea Purpurea drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Flovent Hfa and Xanthan Gum drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Travatan and Maca Maca drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Calcinosis with Arthrotec? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Weak Pulse with Suboxone? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Joint Swelling with Nardil? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Toe Swelling with Nardil? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Swelling Of Fingers with Nardil? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Swelling Of A Joint with Nardil? - 5 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- Drug comparison of Lithium Carbonate, Mirtazapine for a 69 year old woman - an hour ago
- A study for a 41 year old woman who takes Vitamin D2, Synthroid, Zantac 150, Buspar, Atarax, Naproxen Sodium - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Losartan - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 80 year old man who takes Diovan Hct - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 49 year old woman who takes Viibryd - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old woman who takes Aldactone, Cozaar, Norvasc - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Horizant, Protonix, Diazepam, Lipitor, Metoprolol Tartrate, Adderall, Lexapro - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Allopurinol - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old man who takes Testosterone - 8 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Seroquel, Valium for a 42 year old woman - 9 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.