A study for a 67 year old man who takes Pueraria Mirifica - from FDA reports
9 males aged 67 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 67 year old male patient who has Dry Skin. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
9 males aged 67 (±5) who take Pueraria Mirifica are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 67
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Dry Skin
- Drugs taken:
- Pueraria Mirifica (kudzu)
eHealthMe real world results:
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- Hair loss
- Skin hypopigmentation (loss of skin colour)
- Vasculitis (inflammation of a blood vessel or blood vessels)
- Pancytopenia (medical condition in which there is a reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets)
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
- Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone)
- Mesenteric panniculitis (a rare benign inflammatory condition of unknown origin that affects the mesenteric fat)
- Pyogenic liver abscess (liver abscess caused by bacteria)
- Small intestine carcinoma (cancer tumour of small intestine)
- Haemorrhage (bleeding)
- Abnormal behavior
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Gastric Ulcer (stomach ulcer): 5 people, 55.56%
- High Blood Pressure : 4 people, 44.44%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 3 people, 33.33%
- Preventive Health Care : 3 people, 33.33%
- Emphysema (chronic respiratory disease - over inflation of the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs): 3 people, 33.33%
- Constipation : 3 people, 33.33%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 3 people, 33.33%
- Weakness : 2 people, 22.22%
- Hepatic Neoplasm Malignant (liver cancer): 2 people, 22.22%
- Diarrhea : 2 people, 22.22%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Rabeprazole Sodium (5 people, 55.56%)
- Albuterol Sulfate (3 people, 33.33%)
- Folic Acid (3 people, 33.33%)
- Methotrexate (3 people, 33.33%)
- Nexavar (2 people, 22.22%)
- Nifedipine (2 people, 22.22%)
- Micardis (2 people, 22.22%)
- Renagel (1 person, 11.11%)
- Hyzaar (1 person, 11.11%)
- Aldomet (1 person, 11.11%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take the same medications and have the same conditions
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
What are the drugs?
- Pueraria mirifica has active ingredients of kudzu. (latest outcomes from Pueraria mirifica 4 users)
What are the conditions?
- Dry skin can be treated by Biotin, Fish oil, Vitamin e (latest reports from 48,703 Dry skin patients)
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Dyspnoea Exertional with Symbicort? - a second ago
- Will you have Dyspnea Exertional with Symbicort? - a second ago
- Benzonatate and Aescin drug interaction - a second ago
- Women aged 30-39 who have Gallstones with Zantac 75 - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Protein - Urine with Vfend? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Urine Protein with Vfend? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Urine Albumin with Vfend? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Proteinuria with Vfend? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Albumin - Urine with Vfend? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Albuminuria with Vfend? - 2 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- Drug comparison of Lithium Carbonate, Mirtazapine for a 69 year old woman - an hour ago
- A study for a 41 year old woman who takes Vitamin D2, Synthroid, Zantac 150, Buspar, Atarax, Naproxen Sodium - an hour ago
- A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Losartan - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 80 year old man who takes Diovan Hct - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 49 year old woman who takes Viibryd - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old woman who takes Aldactone, Cozaar, Norvasc - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Horizant, Protonix, Diazepam, Lipitor, Metoprolol Tartrate, Adderall, Lexapro - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Allopurinol - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old man who takes Testosterone - 8 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Seroquel, Valium for a 42 year old woman - 9 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.