Accutane side effects by duration, gender and age - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Side effects are reported by people who take Accutane. Common side effects include colitis ulcerative among females and colitis ulcerative among males.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on 32,751 reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
32,751 people who take Accutane and have side effects are studied.
What is Accutane?
Accutane has active ingredients of isotretinoin. It is often used in acne. eHealthMe is studying from 33,753 Accutane users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Accutane reports submitted per year:
Accutane side effects by time on the drug *:
Accutane side effects by gender *:
Accutane side effects by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Accutane?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on isotretinoin (the active ingredients of Accutane) and Accutane (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Accutane:
- Accutane (33,753 reports)
Common Accutane side effects:
- Depression: 9,826 reports
- Ulcerative colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 9,190 reports
- Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 7,519 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 5,220 reports
- Irritable bowel syndrome: 4,848 reports
All Accutane side effects from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Flomax and Chlorthalidone drug interaction - now
- Chantix and Diabetic Nephropathy - 2 seconds ago
- Candesartan Cilexetil and Escitalopram drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Minoxidil and Meniscus Lesion - 11 seconds ago
- Diclofenac Sodium and Metastases To Spine - 13 seconds ago
- Roxicet and Enlarged Heart - 18 seconds ago
- Amino Acids and Lip Erosion - 29 seconds ago
- Ubrelvy and Erection Problems - 39 seconds ago
- Buprenorphine and Oral Discomfort - 43 seconds ago
- Symtuza and Nausea And Vomiting - 48 seconds ago