Ambien cr side effects by duration, gender and age - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Side effects are reported by people who take Ambien cr. Common side effects include amnesia among females and amnesia among males.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on 4,406 reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,406 people who take Ambien Cr and have side effects are studied.
What is Ambien Cr?
Ambien cr has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. eHealthMe is studying from 5,432 Ambien cr users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Ambien cr reports submitted per year:
Ambien cr side effects by time on the drug *:
Ambien cr side effects by gender *:
Ambien cr side effects by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ambien cr?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Hsu FG, Sheu MJ, Lin CL, Hsieh YW, Lai SW, "Use of Zolpidem and Risk of Acute Pyelonephritis in Women: A Population‐Based Case‐Control Study in Taiwan", The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 2017 Mar .
- Lin SC, Su YC, Huang YS, Lee CC, "Zolpidem increased cancer risk in patients with sleep disorder: A 3-year follow-up study", Journal of Medical Sciences, 2016 Mar .
- Sun Y, Lin CC, Lu CJ, Hsu CY, Kao CH, "Association between zolpidem and suicide: a nationwide population-based case-control study", InMayo Clinic Proceedings, 2016 Mar .
- Liao KF, Lin CL, Lai SW, Chen WC, "Zolpidem use associated with increased risk of pyogenic liver abscess: a case-control study in Taiwan", Medicine, 2015 Jan .
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on zolpidem tartrate (the active ingredients of Ambien cr) and Ambien cr (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ambien cr:
- Ambien cr (5,432 reports)
Common Ambien cr side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 452 reports
- Memory loss: 408 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 316 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 294 reports
- Pain: 283 reports
- Sleep walking (walking during sleep): 282 reports
All Ambien cr side effects from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Valproate Sodium and Neuropsychiatric Lupus - 2 seconds ago
- Muscle Twitching and drugs of ingredients of nadolol - 2 seconds ago
- Oxycodone Hydrochloride and Gabapentin drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Gamma and Consciousness - Decreased - 10 seconds ago
- Piperacillin And Tazobactam and Atropine drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Phenytoin Sodium and Ibuprofen drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Latuda and Medrol drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- 5 Htp vs. Haloperidol - 29 seconds ago
- How effective is Trazodone Hydrochloride for Restless Leg Syndrome? - 34 seconds ago
- Tramadol and Injection Site Recall Reaction - 58 seconds ago