Azathioprine side effects by duration, gender and age - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Side effects are reported by people who take Azathioprine. Common side effects include drug ineffective among females and abdominal pain among males.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on 59,457 reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
59,457 people who take Azathioprine and have side effects are studied.
What is Azathioprine?
Azathioprine has active ingredients of azathioprine sodium. It is often used in crohn's disease. eHealthMe is studying from 60,132 Azathioprine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Azathioprine reports submitted per year:
Azathioprine side effects by time on the drug *:
Azathioprine side effects by gender *:
Azathioprine side effects by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Azathioprine?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on azathioprine sodium (the active ingredients of Azathioprine) and Azathioprine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Azathioprine:
- Azathioprine (60,132 reports)
Common Azathioprine side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 8,367 reports
- Joint pain: 3,375 reports
- Diarrhea: 3,317 reports
- Fever: 3,134 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,780 reports
- Rashes (redness): 2,667 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 2,574 reports
- Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 2,554 reports
All Azathioprine side effects from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Boniva and Oesophageal Ulcer - 4 seconds ago
- Neurontin and Multivitamin drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Symbicort and Broken Bone - 17 seconds ago
- Spinal Compression Fracture and Idiopathic Or Primary Livedo Reticularis - 24 seconds ago
- Emcyt and Sinus Disorder - 27 seconds ago
- Adderall and Ketonuria - 29 seconds ago
- Ephedrine and Sinus Disorder - 31 seconds ago
- Elspar and Sinus Disorder - 33 seconds ago
- Iron Overload and Joint Pain - 34 seconds ago
- Osteopenia and Red Blood Cell Count Decreased - 34 seconds ago