Benicar side effects by duration, gender and age - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Side effects are reported by people who take Benicar. Common side effects include drug ineffective among females and drug ineffective among males.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on 33,760 reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
33,760 people who take Benicar and have side effects are studied.
What is Benicar?
Benicar has active ingredients of olmesartan medoxomil. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 35,041 Benicar users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Benicar reports submitted per year:
Benicar side effects by time on the drug *:
Benicar side effects by gender *:
Benicar side effects by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Benicar?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on olmesartan medoxomil (the active ingredients of Benicar) and Benicar (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Benicar:
- Benicar (35,041 reports)
Common Benicar side effects:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3,979 reports
- Dizziness: 2,618 reports
- Diarrhea: 2,310 reports
- Weight decreased: 2,205 reports
- Constipation: 2,182 reports
- Hiatal hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm): 2,123 reports
- Malabsorption (a state arising from abnormality in absorption of food nutrients across the gastrointestinal (gi) tract): 2,118 reports
All Benicar side effects from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Duragesic and Haematocrit Abnormal - 3 seconds ago
- Quetiapine Fumarate and Dehydration - 12 seconds ago
- Acute Pulmonary Oedema and Vomiting Aggravated - 12 seconds ago
- Ceclor and Malaise - 23 seconds ago
- Benicar and Heart Palpitations - 38 seconds ago
- Autophobia and drugs of ingredients of escitalopram oxalate - 45 seconds ago
- Benicar and Coq10 drug interaction - 49 seconds ago
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Benicar Hct drug interaction - 50 seconds ago
- Selegiline Hydrochloride and Lorazepam drug interaction - a minute ago
- Tamsulosin Hydrochloride and Resting Tremor - a minute ago