Ceftazidime side effects by duration, gender and age - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Side effects are reported by people who take Ceftazidime. Common side effects include drug ineffective among females and drug ineffective among males.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on 8,853 reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
8,853 people who take Ceftazidime and have side effects are studied.
What is Ceftazidime?
Ceftazidime has active ingredients of ceftazidime. eHealthMe is studying from 8,871 Ceftazidime users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Ceftazidime reports submitted per year:
Ceftazidime side effects by time on the drug *:
Ceftazidime side effects by gender *:
Ceftazidime side effects by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ceftazidime?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Chen F, Zhan Z, "Severe drug-induced immune haemolytic anaemia due to ceftazidime", Blood Transfusion, 2014 Jan .
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on ceftazidime (the active ingredients of Ceftazidime) and Ceftazidime (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ceftazidime:
- Ceftazidime (8,871 reports)
Common Ceftazidime side effects:
- Fever: 974 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 608 reports
- Drug ineffective: 598 reports
- Pneumonia: 590 reports
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 526 reports
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 513 reports
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 465 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 399 reports
- Diarrhea: 377 reports
All Ceftazidime side effects from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Metformin Hydrochloride and Muscle Atrophy - 5 seconds ago
- Fluconazole and Sodium Phosphates drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Clonazepam and Renal Artery Stenosis - 7 seconds ago
- Zyrtec and Neuropathy Peripheral - 7 seconds ago
- Tasmar and Stroke - 10 seconds ago
- Appetite Decreased and Pruritus Generalised - 10 seconds ago
- Minoxidil and Calcium drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate and Arthropathy - 11 seconds ago
- How effective is Mucinex D for Sinus Pain? - 13 seconds ago
- Lisinopril and Lymph Node Pain - 17 seconds ago