Ciclosporin side effects by duration, gender and age - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Side effects are reported by people who take Ciclosporin. Common side effects include drug ineffective among females, and drug ineffective among males.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on 3,559 reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
3,559 people who take Ciclosporin and have side effects are studied.
What is Ciclosporin?
Ciclosporin has active ingredients of cyclosporine. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 3,570 Ciclosporin users.
Number of Ciclosporin reports submitted per year:
Ciclosporin side effects by time on the drug *:
Ciclosporin side effects by gender *:
Ciclosporin side effects by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ciclosporin?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- O’Brien FE, O’Connor RM, Clarke G, Donovan MD, Dinan TG, Griffin BT, Cryan JF, "The P-glycoprotein inhibitor cyclosporin A differentially influences behavioural and neurochemical responses to the antidepressant escitalopram", Behavioural brain research, 2014 Mar .
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on cyclosporine (the active ingredients of Ciclosporin) and Ciclosporin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ciclosporin:
- Ciclosporin (3,570 reports)
Common Ciclosporin side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 403 reports
- Fever: 258 reports
- Rashes (redness): 177 reports
- High blood pressure: 166 reports
- Pneumonia: 144 reports
- Diarrhea: 132 reports
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 131 reports
All Ciclosporin side effects from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Sulfasalazine and Arava drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Alli and Infrequent Bowel Movements - 7 seconds ago
- Hydrochlorothiazide and Bradycardia - 18 seconds ago
- Aciphex and Anaprox drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Unisom and Depression - 36 seconds ago
- Doxycycline and Paranoia - 41 seconds ago
- Prochlorperazine and Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control - 44 seconds ago
- Atazanavir Sulfate and Theo-Dur drug interaction - 45 seconds ago
- Entresto and Agranulocytosis - 48 seconds ago
- Rabeprazole Sodium and Celebrex drug interaction - 59 seconds ago