Ciprofloxacin side effects by duration, gender and age - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Side effects are reported by people who take Ciprofloxacin. Common side effects include abdominal pain among females and abdominal pain among males.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on 16,254 reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
16,254 people who take Ciprofloxacin and have side effects are studied.
What is Ciprofloxacin?
Ciprofloxacin has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin. It is often used in urinary tract infection. eHealthMe is studying from 17,437 Ciprofloxacin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Ciprofloxacin reports submitted per year:
Ciprofloxacin side effects by time on the drug *:
Ciprofloxacin side effects by gender *:
Ciprofloxacin side effects by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ciprofloxacin?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bolognesi M, Bolognesi D, "Medicine Ciprofloxacin-induced paroxysmal atrial fibrillation", , 2014 Mar .
- Bolognesi M, Bolognesi D, "Ciprofloxacin-induced paroxysmal atrial fibrilation", OA Case Reports, 2012 Jan .
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on ciprofloxacin (the active ingredients of Ciprofloxacin) and Ciprofloxacin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ciprofloxacin:
- Ciprofloxacin (17,437 reports)
Common Ciprofloxacin side effects:
- Pneumonia: 875 reports
- Diarrhea: 809 reports
- Pain: 773 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 702 reports
- Joint pain: 656 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 621 reports
- Rashes (redness): 603 reports
- Fever: 598 reports
- Depression: 595 reports
All Ciprofloxacin side effects from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Yondelis and Ibu drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Peripheral Neuropathy and Cellulitis - 15 seconds ago
- Talwin vs. Cymbalta - 24 seconds ago
- Femara and Vitamin B12 Deficiency - 26 seconds ago
- Belsomra and Atrioventricular Block Complete - 27 seconds ago
- Seroquel and Procedural Hypotension - 42 seconds ago
- Hytrin and Jaw Fracture - 50 seconds ago
- Vitamins and Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Infection - 53 seconds ago
- Alfentanil and Cefazolin drug interaction - 56 seconds ago
- Lorazepam and Blood Glucose Decreased - a minute ago