Depo-provera side effects by duration, gender and age - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Side effects are reported by people who take Depo-provera. Common side effects include amenorrhoea among females and drug exposure during pregnancy among males.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on 14,621 reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
14,621 people who take Depo-Provera and have side effects are studied.
What is Depo-Provera?
Depo-provera has active ingredients of medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in birth control. eHealthMe is studying from 15,869 Depo-provera users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Depo-provera reports submitted per year:
Depo-provera side effects by time on the drug *:
Depo-provera side effects by gender *:
Depo-provera side effects by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Depo-provera?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bahall M, Reyes AJ, Ramcharan K, Hosein N, Seegobin K, Bahall K, Sharma H, Dhansingh S, Mahabir A, "Neuro-ophthalmological manifestations after intramuscular medroxyprogesterone: a forme fruste of idiopathic intracranial hypertension?", Neurology international, 2016 Sep .
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on medroxyprogesterone acetate (the active ingredients of Depo-provera) and Depo-provera (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Depo-provera:
- Depo-provera (15,869 reports)
Common Depo-provera side effects:
- Weight increased: 1,079 reports
- Depression: 996 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 986 reports
- Drug ineffective: 945 reports
- Menstruation - absent: 872 reports
- Pain: 761 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 726 reports
All Depo-provera side effects from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter and Belching - now
- Lexapro and Mitral Valve Prolapse - 18 seconds ago
- Xylitol and Insomnia - 29 seconds ago
- Proair Hfa and Breathing - Slowed Or Stopped - 30 seconds ago
- Muscle Spasms and drugs of ingredients of abacavir sulfate - 31 seconds ago
- Glivec and Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (All) - 32 seconds ago
- Losartan and Delirium - 34 seconds ago
- Indigestion and drugs of ingredients of pramipexole dihydrochloride - 37 seconds ago
- Hypophagia and drugs of ingredients of risperidone - 47 seconds ago
- Chest Pain and drugs of ingredients of tamoxifen citrate - 54 seconds ago