Dexamethasone side effects by duration, gender and age - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Side effects are reported by people who take Dexamethasone. Common side effects include anaemia among females, and death among males.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on 139,223 reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
139,223 people who take Dexamethasone and have side effects are studied.
What is Dexamethasone?
Dexamethasone has active ingredients of dexamethasone. It is used in multiple myeloma. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 139,879 Dexamethasone users.
Number of Dexamethasone reports submitted per year:
Dexamethasone side effects by time on the drug *:
Dexamethasone side effects by gender *:
Dexamethasone side effects by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Dexamethasone?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bartlett R, Hartle AJ, "Routine use of dexamethasone for postoperative nausea and vomiting: the case against", Anaesthesia, 2013 Sep .
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on dexamethasone (the active ingredients of Dexamethasone) and Dexamethasone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Dexamethasone:
- Dexamethasone (139,879 reports)
Common Dexamethasone side effects:
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 10,093 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 9,096 reports
- Diarrhea: 8,883 reports
- Fever: 7,303 reports
- Pneumonia: 6,791 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 6,644 reports
- Weakness: 6,272 reports
All Dexamethasone side effects from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Duragesic and Benazepril Hydrochloride drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Triamcinolone and Dermatitis Contact - 2 seconds ago
- Lozol and Gabapentin drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Albuterol Sulfate and Blood Urea Increased - 7 seconds ago
- Ibuprofen and Malathion drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Nystatin and Clozaril drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Acetylcysteine and Temaz drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Soya and Dizziness - 17 seconds ago
- Anaprox and Cyclosporine drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Potassium Citrate and Phenergan drug interaction - 26 seconds ago