Fosamax side effects by duration, gender and age - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Side effects are reported by people who take Fosamax. Common side effects include abdominal discomfort among females, and death among males.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on 102,270 reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
102,270 people who take Fosamax and have side effects are studied.
What is Fosamax?
Fosamax has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is used in osteoporosis. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 103,235 Fosamax users.
Number of Fosamax reports submitted per year:
Fosamax side effects by time on the drug *:
Fosamax side effects by gender *:
Fosamax side effects by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Fosamax?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Stuckey BG, Sallie R, "Alendronate-induced unmasking or deterioration of coeliac disease: a case series", Osteoporosis International, 2015 Jan .
- Lee WY, Sun LM, Lin MC, Liang JA, Chang SN, Sung FC, Muo CH, Kao CH, "A higher dosage of oral alendronate will increase the subsequent cancer risk of osteoporosis patients in Taiwan: a population-based cohort study", PloS one, 2012 Dec .
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on alendronate sodium (the active ingredients of Fosamax) and Fosamax (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Fosamax:
- Fosamax (103,235 reports)
Common Fosamax side effects:
- Pain: 14,236 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 12,502 reports
- Joint pain: 12,199 reports
- High blood pressure: 11,457 reports
- Drug ineffective: 11,064 reports
All Fosamax side effects from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Flovent Hfa and Hydrochlorothiazide drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Xolair and Medrol drug interaction - 29 seconds ago
- Disopyramide Phosphate and Dutasteride drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Azulfidine and Colcrys drug interaction - 48 seconds ago
- Claravis and Sunosi drug interaction - a minute ago
- Bimatoprost and Hypokalemia - a minute ago
- Sulfamethoxazole and Everolimus drug interaction - a minute ago
- Acetaminophen and Droperidol drug interaction - a minute ago
- Leflunomide and Nausea - 2 minutes ago
- Bisacodyl and Diabetic Neuropathy - 2 minutes ago