Glumetza side effects by duration, gender and age - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Side effects are reported by people who take Glumetza. Common side effects include asthma among females, and asthenia among males.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on 1,745 reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,745 people who take Glumetza and have side effects are studied.
What is Glumetza?
Glumetza has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is used in diabetes. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 1,886 Glumetza users.
Number of Glumetza reports submitted per year:
Glumetza side effects by time on the drug *:
Glumetza side effects by gender *:
Glumetza side effects by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Glumetza?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- T.Audi Yanto, I.Huang, F.Nathania Kosasih, NP Hardjo Lugito, "Nightmare and Abnormal Dreams: Rare Side Effects of Metformin?", Case Reports in Endocrinology, 2018 Jan .
- Al-Hamdy RA, "Assessment of electrolytes and HbA1c in type 2 diabetic patients using metformin and evaluation of guidelines obedience regarding renal impairment", J.Thi-Qar Sci., 2015 Jan .
- Wiwanitkit S, Wiwanitkit V, "Metformin and sleep disorders", Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism, 2012 Jan .
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on metformin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Glumetza) and Glumetza (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Glumetza:
- Glumetza (1,886 reports)
Common Glumetza side effects:
- High blood pressure: 194 reports
- Diarrhea: 193 reports
- Asthma: 160 reports
- Dizziness: 149 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 146 reports
- Diabetes: 113 reports
All Glumetza side effects from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ceretec and Zyrtec drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Brexpiprazole and Hallucination, Auditory - 28 seconds ago
- Extavia and Hypothyroidism - 33 seconds ago
- Ancef and Road Traffic Accident - 35 seconds ago
- Estradiol Valerate and Nifedipine drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Zocor and Subarachnoid Haemorrhage - 52 seconds ago
- Yupelri and Pain - 57 seconds ago
- Zirgan and Percocet drug interaction - 58 seconds ago
- Aspirin and Cerebral Disorder - a minute ago
- Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate and Therapeutic Agent Toxicity - a minute ago