Indocin side effects by duration, gender and age - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Side effects are reported by people who take Indocin. Common side effects include drug hypersensitivity among females, and anaemia among males.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on 4,306 reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,306 people who take Indocin and have side effects are studied.
What is Indocin?
Indocin has active ingredients of indomethacin. It is used in gout. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 4,535 Indocin users.
Number of Indocin reports submitted per year:
Indocin side effects by time on the drug *:
Indocin side effects by gender *:
Indocin side effects by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Indocin?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Mantarro S, Tuccori M, Pasqualetti G, Tognini S, Montagnani S, Monzani F, Blandizzi C, "Acute portal vein thrombosis precipitated by indomethacin in a HCV-positive elderly patient", BMC geriatrics, 2012 Nov .
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on indomethacin (the active ingredients of Indocin) and Indocin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Indocin:
- Indocin (4,535 reports)
Common Indocin side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 271 reports
- Pain: 245 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 226 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 214 reports
- High blood pressure: 210 reports
- Weakness: 203 reports
All Indocin side effects from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Gabapentin and Sodium Phosphates drug interaction - 52 seconds ago
- Lipitor and Sinusitis - Chronic - 59 seconds ago
- Diazepam and Remicade drug interaction - a minute ago
- Mobic and Caffeine drug interaction - a minute ago
- Fentanyl and Fibromyalgia - 2 minutes ago
- Glucophage and Skin - Clammy - 2 minutes ago
- Zyrtec and Stiolto Respimat drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Marinol and Carafate drug interaction - 3 minutes ago
- Delsym and Temazepam drug interaction - 3 minutes ago
- Cryselle and Ibuprofen drug interaction - 4 minutes ago