Indomethacin side effects by duration, gender and age - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Side effects are reported by people who take Indomethacin. Common side effects include abdominal pain among females and drug ineffective among males.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on 15,161 reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
15,161 people who take Indomethacin and have side effects are studied.
What is Indomethacin?
Indomethacin has active ingredients of indomethacin. It is often used in gout. eHealthMe is studying from 14,328 Indomethacin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Indomethacin reports submitted per year:
Indomethacin side effects by time on the drug *:
Indomethacin side effects by gender *:
Indomethacin side effects by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Indomethacin?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Mantarro S, Tuccori M, Pasqualetti G, Tognini S, Montagnani S, Monzani F, Blandizzi C, "Acute portal vein thrombosis precipitated by indomethacin in a HCV-positive elderly patient", BMC geriatrics, 2012 Nov .
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on indomethacin (the active ingredients of Indomethacin) and Indomethacin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Indomethacin:
- Indomethacin (14,328 reports)
Common Indomethacin side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,278 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,243 reports
- Pain: 1,085 reports
- Joint pain: 872 reports
- Dizziness: 822 reports
- Rashes (redness): 790 reports
- Diarrhea: 766 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 744 reports
All Indomethacin side effects from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Prinzide and Dizziness - 15 seconds ago
- Ninlaro and Constipation - 21 seconds ago
- Bactrim Ds and Weakness - 25 seconds ago
- Pantoprazole and Evenity drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Famotidine and Stools - Watery - 34 seconds ago
- Famotidine and Diarrhea - 34 seconds ago
- Gentamicin and Keratitis Herpetic - 37 seconds ago
- Otezla and Eupressyl drug interaction - 38 seconds ago
- Clopidogrel and Mean Cell Haemoglobin Decreased - 40 seconds ago
- Gentamicin and Keratitis Fungal - 45 seconds ago