Methimazole side effects by duration, gender and age - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Side effects are reported by people who take Methimazole. Common side effects include drug ineffective among females and drug ineffective among males.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on 5,706 reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
5,706 people who take Methimazole and have side effects are studied.
What is Methimazole?
Methimazole has active ingredients of methimazole. It is often used in hyperthyroidism. eHealthMe is studying from 6,268 Methimazole users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Methimazole reports submitted per year:
Methimazole side effects by time on the drug *:
Methimazole side effects by gender *:
Methimazole side effects by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Methimazole?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on methimazole (the active ingredients of Methimazole) and Methimazole (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Methimazole:
- Methimazole (6,268 reports)
Common Methimazole side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 348 reports
- Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland): 336 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 320 reports
- Weakness: 271 reports
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 262 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 252 reports
- Rashes (redness): 250 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 233 reports
All Methimazole side effects from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Clozapine and Herpes Zoster - now
- Lisinopril and Fluoxetine drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Probiotics and Restless Leg Syndrome - 9 seconds ago
- Ambien and Mucinex drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Cialis and Xywav drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Hemorrhoids in Xarelto, how severe and when it was recovered? - 19 seconds ago
- Effexor and Drug Toxicity - 24 seconds ago
- Back Pain and Pulmonary Arterial Pressure Increased - 26 seconds ago
- Venofer and Tinnitus - 27 seconds ago
- Paracetamol and Betadine drug interaction - 28 seconds ago