Methotrexate: 234,889 reports
Active ingredients: methotrexate sodium
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
Number of reports submitted per year:
How effective is Methotrexate?
- Rheumatoid arthritis - reported by 1,196 people
- Psoriatic arthritis - reported by 239 people
- Arthritis - reported by 133 people
- Psoriasis - reported by 130 people
- Systemic lupus erythematosus - reported by 64 people
Alternative drugs to Methotrexate
Most common Methotrexate side effectsMethotrexate side effects
All Methotrexate side effects from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Methotrexate and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Do you take Methotrexate? Share you experience to help people like you.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Henien M, Carey B, Hullah E, Sproat C, Patel V, "methotrexate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: A report of two cases", Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, 2017 Dec .
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Methotrexate (613 members)
Can you answer these questions?
- Diagnosed with Rhumatoid/Ostio Arthritis from Lyme Disease. My doctor switched me from Methotrexate pills to once weekly injection. Now I have difficulty walking very wobbly gait. Anyone else have these issues!
- does anyone know if you can just stop taking this drug ?
- My name is Dave and I have been taking Methrotraxate for about 10 years In the last few days I have been diagnosed with an enlarged heart. I am due to see a cardiologist on Wednesday M6 question-if the drug has caused mt enlarged heart- if I stop taking it for a few months will my heart...
- I have been recently given a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis. I had an atypical presentation with muscle pains in my thighs and later on wrist swelling. No joint pains or stiffness. Probably very early still. I am taking low dose steroids and MTX. The muscle pains improved but I developed...
- I have psoriatic arthritis and take methotrexate and plaquenil. I am doing well on these meds except for pain on the upper left side and around the back. The only relief is when I lay down. The pain is usually in the afternoon or when standing.
More questions for: Methotrexate
You may be interested in these posts
- I take both and it is sickness. I need some help to keep me going. Thank you
- Hi all. I have been on this education for the last 8 months and have diaherea each time I take my shot. With that i have developed colitis and I have been. Suffering big time.tell me your story. My Dr does not believe i get the runs from the medication. I am getting to the point of punching...
- Enjoying my Methotrexate weekly injections. I've had 4 so far. With this crazy weather I have more bad days then good. I want to believe this is the best treatment "Trust in your Doctor". Just seeing more changes happening rapidly with my body this past year. Had to quit my, 20 year,...
- I have been taking Methotrexate for several years to treat arthritis and psoriasis. Thin blood seems to be the only problem and wonder if there is any solutions
- I'm 19 years old and diagnosed with RA about 3 months ago. On MTX for past 3 months. just discovered that my RDW is slightly elevated in the blood test.
More posts for: Methotrexate
- Will you have Migrainous Neuralgia with Paxil?
- Will you have Histamine Headache with Paxil?
- Will you have Headache - Histamine with Paxil?
- Will you have Headache - Cluster with Paxil?
- Will you have Cluster Headaches with Paxil?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Paxil and have Migrainous Neuralgia?
- Support group for people who take Paxil and have Histamine Headache?
- Support group for people who take Paxil and have Headache - Histamine?
- Support group for people who take Paxil and have Headache - Cluster?
- Support group for people who take Paxil and have Cluster Headaches?
- What to expect when you take Paxil and have Migrainous Neuralgia?
- What to expect when you take Paxil and have Histamine Headache?
- What to expect when you take Paxil and have Headache - Histamine?
- What to expect when you take Paxil and have Headache - Cluster?
- What to expect when you take Paxil and have Cluster Headaches?
- A study for a 37 year old man who takes Buspirone Hcl, Multivitamin
- A study for a 67 year old woman who takes Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride
- A study for a 53 year old woman who takes Prozac, Suboxone
- Drug comparison of Topamax, Depakote, Vimpat, Lamotrigine for a 43 year old woman
- A study for a 25 year old woman who takes Zoloft, Adipex-p, Lamictal
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.