Neurontin side effects by duration, gender and age - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Side effects are reported by people who take Neurontin. Common side effects include drug ineffective among females, and drug ineffective among males.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on 102,568 reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
102,568 people who take Neurontin and have side effects are studied.
What is Neurontin?
Neurontin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is used in neuralgia. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 106,010 Neurontin users.
Number of Neurontin reports submitted per year:
Neurontin side effects by time on the drug *:
Neurontin side effects by gender *:
Neurontin side effects by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Neurontin?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- de Landaluce, L. O., Carbonell, P., Asensio, C., Escoda, N., López, P., & Laporte, J. R. , "Gabapentin and Pregabalin and Risk of Atrial Fibrillation in the Elderly: A Population-Based Cohort Study in an Electronic Prescription Database", Drug safety, 2018 Jan .
- Scarff JR, "The Potential for Somnambulism Associated with Gabapentin", The Internet Journal of Psychiatry, 2014 Jan .
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on gabapentin (the active ingredients of Neurontin) and Neurontin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Neurontin:
- Neurontin (106,010 reports)
Common Neurontin side effects:
- Pain: 9,071 reports
- Drug ineffective: 9,006 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 7,503 reports
- Weakness: 6,303 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 6,054 reports
All Neurontin side effects from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cephalexin and Mometasone Furoate drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Jakafi and Intestinal Haemorrhage - 21 seconds ago
- Humira and Wakix drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Adriamycin Pfs and Chest Pain Aggravated - 26 seconds ago
- Nexavar and Carafate drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Lacosamide and Swelling - 56 seconds ago
- Allegra and Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods - a minute ago
- Astepro and Multivitamin drug interaction - a minute ago
- Xolair and Feeling Jittery - a minute ago
- Ceretec and Trasylol drug interaction - a minute ago