Nexium side effects by duration, gender and age - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Side effects are reported by people who take Nexium. Common side effects include chronic kidney disease among females, and chronic kidney disease among males.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on 237,663 reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
237,663 people who take Nexium and have side effects are studied.
What is Nexium?
Nexium has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 242,329 Nexium users.
Number of Nexium reports submitted per year:
Nexium side effects by time on the drug *:
Nexium side effects by gender *:
Nexium side effects by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nexium?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Dr. Anthony Wong, "Esomeprazole and gynaecomastia in obese adults", WHO pharmaceuticals newsletter: 2019, No. 2, 2019 Jan .
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on esomeprazole magnesium (the active ingredients of Nexium) and Nexium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Nexium:
- Nexium (242,329 reports)
Common Nexium side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 62,529 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 24,129 reports
- Drug ineffective: 12,058 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 11,578 reports
- Pain: 11,484 reports
All Nexium side effects from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cosentyx and Dupuytren'S Contracture - 7 seconds ago
- Nicotine Polacrilex and Hallucinations - 13 seconds ago
- Brimonidine Tartrate and Weight Increased - a minute ago
- Arimidex and Herpes Simplex - a minute ago
- Aspirin and Coronary Ostial Stenosis - a minute ago
- Ezetimibe and Neosar drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Clopidogrel and Taste - Impaired - 2 minutes ago
- Gabapentin and Enalapril Maleate drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Venclexta and Levaquin drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Bactrim and Stelara drug interaction - 3 minutes ago