5 htp and Constipation - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Constipation is reported only by a few people who take 5 Htp.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take 5 htp and have Constipation. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 87 people who have side effects while taking 5 htp from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
87 people reported to have side effects when taking 5 htp.
Among them, 2 people (2.3%) have Constipation.
What is 5 htp?
5 htp has active ingredients of 5 - htp. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 242 5 htp users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Constipation?
Constipation is found to be associated with 4,412 drugs and 4,267 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of 5 htp and Constipation reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking 5 htp*:
Age of people who have Constipation when taking 5 htp *:
Common drugs people take besides 5 htp *:
Common side effects people have besides Constipation *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take 5 htp and have Constipation?Check whether Constipation is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Constipation and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of 5 - htp:
- Constipation and drugs with ingredients of 5 - htp (13 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of 5 htp:
- 5 htp (242 reports)
Constipation treatments and more:
- Constipation (290,316 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Constipation:
- Constipation in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Constipation in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Constipation in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Constipation:
- Aspirin: 12,725 reports
- Revlimid: 8,551 reports
- Prednisone: 7,899 reports
- Omeprazole: 7,889 reports
- Metformin: 6,511 reports
- Amlodipine: 6,487 reports
- Lisinopril: 6,160 reports
- Vitamin d: 6,151 reports
- Gabapentin: 6,092 reports
- Synthroid: 5,988 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Constipation:
- Constipation (4,412 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Constipation:
- Multiple myeloma: 11,077 reports
- Pain: 10,745 reports
- High blood pressure: 10,310 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 6,775 reports
- Osteoporosis: 6,288 reports
- Depression: 5,357 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Constipation:
- Constipation (4,267 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on 5 - htp (the active ingredients of 5 htp) and 5 htp (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zyprexa Zydis and Epival drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Accuretic and Weakness - 20 seconds ago
- Loratadine and Pulmonary Toxicity - 37 seconds ago
- Mepivacaine Hydrochloride and Lymphoproliferative Disorder - 41 seconds ago
- Nicotine Polacrilex and Coronary Heart Disease - 56 seconds ago
- Amiodarone Hydrochloride and Faecaloma - a minute ago
- Sular and Crestor drug interaction - a minute ago
- Colofac and Mirtazapine drug interaction - a minute ago
- Trokendi Xr and Metformin drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Niaspan and Drowsiness - 2 minutes ago