Abraxane and Acute myocardial infarction - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Acute myocardial infarction is found among people who take Abraxane, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Abraxane and have Acute myocardial infarction. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,415 people who have side effects when taking Abraxane from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
17,415 people reported to have side effects when taking Abraxane.
Among them, 22 people (0.13%) have Acute myocardial infarction.
What is Abraxane?
Abraxane has active ingredients of paclitaxel. It is often used in breast cancer metastatic. eHealthMe is studying from 17,487 Abraxane users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Acute myocardial infarction?
Acute myocardial infarction (acute heart attack) is found to be associated with 2,380 drugs and 1,502 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Abraxane and Acute myocardial infarction reports submitted per year:
Time on Abraxane when people have Acute myocardial infarction *:
- < 1 month: 53.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 46.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Acute myocardial infarction when taking Abraxane *:
- female: 38.1 %
- male: 61.9 %
Age of people who have Acute myocardial infarction when taking Abraxane *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 10.53 %
- 60+: 89.47 %
Common drugs people take besides Abraxane *:
- Gemcitabine: 5 people, 22.73%
- Metformin: 5 people, 22.73%
- Plavix: 4 people, 18.18%
- Senna: 4 people, 18.18%
- Carboplatin: 3 people, 13.64%
- Keytruda: 2 people, 9.09%
- Zocor: 2 people, 9.09%
- Lexapro: 2 people, 9.09%
- Marinol: 2 people, 9.09%
- Dexamethasone: 2 people, 9.09%
Common side effects people have besides Acute myocardial infarction *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 4 people, 18.18%
- Disease Progression: 2 people, 9.09%
- Acute Pulmonary Oedema (sudden deposit of fluid in the lung)): 2 people, 9.09%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 2 people, 9.09%
- Malignant Neoplasm Progression (cancer tumour came back): 2 people, 9.09%
- Hepatitis (inflammation of the liver): 2 people, 9.09%
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 2 people, 9.09%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 2 people, 9.09%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 2 people, 9.09%
- Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung): 2 people, 9.09%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pancreatic Carcinoma Metastatic (pancreatic cancer- metastatic): 6 people, 27.27%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 4 people, 18.18%
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Stage Iv: 3 people, 13.64%
- Constipation: 3 people, 13.64%
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell (lung cancer): 3 people, 13.64%
- Breathing Difficulty: 3 people, 13.64%
- Lung Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour of lung): 3 people, 13.64%
- Oesophageal Stenosis (narrowing of oesophagus): 2 people, 9.09%
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 9.09%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Abraxane and have Acute myocardial infarction?Check whether Acute myocardial infarction is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Acute myocardial infarction and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of paclitaxel:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Abraxane:
- Abraxane (17,487 reports)
Common Abraxane side effects:
- Death: 2,331 reports
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 1,132 reports
- Diarrhea: 1,129 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,101 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 1,086 reports
- Fever: 964 reports
- Pneumonia: 942 reports
Browse all side effects of Abraxane:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Acute myocardial infarction treatments and more:
- Acute myocardial infarction (41,751 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Acute myocardial infarction:
- Acute myocardial infarction in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Acute myocardial infarction in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Acute myocardial infarction in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Acute myocardial infarction:
- Aspirin: 4,849 reports
- Vioxx: 4,335 reports
- Avandia: 3,884 reports
- Plavix: 2,216 reports
- Lisinopril: 1,625 reports
- Metformin: 1,610 reports
- Clopidogrel: 1,496 reports
- Furosemide: 1,486 reports
- Lipitor: 1,415 reports
- Simvastatin: 1,315 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Acute myocardial infarction:
- Acute myocardial infarction (2,380 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Acute myocardial infarction:
- Diabetes: 4,296 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,658 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,269 reports
- Pain: 1,089 reports
- Type 2 diabetes: 1,009 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 976 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Acute myocardial infarction:
- Acute myocardial infarction (1,502 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on paclitaxel (the active ingredients of Abraxane) and Abraxane (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Abilify and Scopolamine drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Toradol and Seizures - 14 seconds ago
- Votrient and Colitis Ischaemic - 17 seconds ago
- Albuterol and Meclizine drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Abilify and Baycol drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Locoid and Herpes Virus Infection - 26 seconds ago
- Ursodiol and Urge Incontinence - 27 seconds ago
- Lovaza and Upper Limb Fracture - 31 seconds ago
- Coumadin and Brilinta drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Lisinopril and Progesterone drug interaction - 53 seconds ago