Abraxane and Gastrointestinal inflammation - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Gastrointestinal inflammation is reported only by a few people who take Abraxane.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Abraxane and have Gastrointestinal inflammation. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,131 people who have side effects while taking Abraxane from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
16,131 people reported to have side effects when taking Abraxane.
Among them, 5 people (0.03%) have Gastrointestinal inflammation.
What is Abraxane?
Abraxane has active ingredients of paclitaxel. It is often used in breast cancer metastatic. eHealthMe is studying from 16,202 Abraxane users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Gastrointestinal inflammation?
Gastrointestinal inflammation (inflammation of stomach and intestine) is found to be associated with 759 drugs and 492 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Abraxane and Gastrointestinal inflammation reports submitted per year:
Time on Abraxane when people have Gastrointestinal inflammation *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Gastrointestinal inflammation when taking Abraxane *:
- female: 80 %
- male: 20 %
Age of people who have Gastrointestinal inflammation when taking Abraxane *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 40 %
- 60+: 60 %
Common drugs people take besides Abraxane *:
- Gemcitabine: 3 people, 60.00%
- Gabapentin: 1 person, 20.00%
- Aspirin: 1 person, 20.00%
- Avelox: 1 person, 20.00%
- Carboplatin: 1 person, 20.00%
- Chantix: 1 person, 20.00%
- Cilostazol: 1 person, 20.00%
- Clonidine: 1 person, 20.00%
- Colace: 1 person, 20.00%
- Dexamethasone: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Gastrointestinal inflammation *:
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 3 people, 60.00%
- Pneumonia: 1 person, 20.00%
- Leukopenia (less number of white blood cells in blood): 1 person, 20.00%
- Leukocytosis (increased white blood cells): 1 person, 20.00%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 20.00%
- Device Related Infection: 1 person, 20.00%
- Colitis (inflammation of colon): 1 person, 20.00%
- Adenocarcinoma Pancreas (cancer of pancreas): 1 person, 20.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pancreatic Carcinoma Metastatic (pancreatic cancer- metastatic): 1 person, 20.00%
- Pancreatic Carcinoma (pancreatic cancer): 1 person, 20.00%
- Pain: 1 person, 20.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 20.00%
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell (lung cancer): 1 person, 20.00%
- Adenocarcinoma Pancreas (cancer of pancreas): 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Abraxane and have Gastrointestinal inflammation?Check whether Gastrointestinal inflammation is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Schwerd T, Pandey S, Yang HT, Bagola K, Jameson E, Jung J, Lachmann RH, Shah N, Patel SY, Booth C, Runz H, "Impaired antibacterial autophagy links granulomatous intestinal inflammation in Niemann–Pick disease type C1 and XIAP deficiency with NOD2 variants in Crohn9s disease", Gut, 2016 Mar .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Abraxane:
- Abraxane (16,202 reports)
Gastrointestinal inflammation treatments and more:
- Gastrointestinal inflammation (6,885 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Gastrointestinal inflammation:
- Gastrointestinal inflammation in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Gastrointestinal inflammation in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Gastrointestinal inflammation in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Gastrointestinal inflammation and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of paclitaxel:
Common drugs associated with Gastrointestinal inflammation:
All the drugs that are associated with Gastrointestinal inflammation:
- Gastrointestinal inflammation (759 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Gastrointestinal inflammation:
All the conditions that are associated with Gastrointestinal inflammation:
- Gastrointestinal inflammation (492 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on paclitaxel (the active ingredients of Abraxane) and Abraxane (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Benicar and Atrial Tachycardia - 6 seconds ago
- Benazepril Hydrochloride and Bradycardia - 9 seconds ago
- Xeljanz and Multiple Myeloma - 15 seconds ago
- Mean Platelet Volume Decreased and pfizer biontech covid vaccine - 21 seconds ago
- Mitral Valve Incompetence and johnson and johnson covid vaccine - 29 seconds ago