Abraxane and Jaundice - from FDA reports
Jaundice is found among people who take Abraxane, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Gemcitabine, and have Pancreatic carcinoma metastatic. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,631 people who have side effects when taking Abraxane from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
9,631 people reported to have side effects when taking Abraxane.
Among them, 65 people (0.67%) have Jaundice
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Abraxane when people have Jaundice *:
- < 1 month: 25.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 62.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.17 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Jaundice when taking Abraxane *:
- female: 64.52 %
- male: 35.48 %
Age of people who have Jaundice when taking Abraxane *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 2.13 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 8.51 %
- 50-59: 48.94 %
- 60+: 40.43 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pancreatic Carcinoma Metastatic (pancreatic cancer- metastatic): 12 people, 18.46%
- High Blood Pressure: 10 people, 15.38%
- Pancreatic Carcinoma (pancreatic cancer): 8 people, 12.31%
- Metastases To Liver (cancer spreads to liver): 5 people, 7.69%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 5 people, 7.69%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Gemcitabine: 20 people, 30.77%
- Avastin: 11 people, 16.92%
- Gemzar: 9 people, 13.85%
- Femara: 7 people, 10.77%
- Taxotere: 7 people, 10.77%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 11 people, 16.92%
- Fever: 11 people, 16.92%
- Pain: 11 people, 16.92%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 10 people, 15.38%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 10 people, 15.38%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Jaundice while taking Abraxane?
You are not alone:
Abraxane has active ingredients of paclitaxel. It is often used in breast cancer metastatic. (latest outcomes from Abraxane 9,697 users)
Jaundice (a yellowish pigmentation of the skin, the conjunctival membranes) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, hiv infection, hepatitis c, depression, pain (latest reports from 24,114 Jaundice patients).
Drugs that are associated with JaundiceJaundice (2,210 drugs)
Could your condition cause JaundiceJaundice (2,370 conditions)
Abraxane side effects
- Abraxane side effects (9,647 reports)
Browse all side effects of Abraxanea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Haemorrhage Control with Lisinopril? - a second ago
- Will you have Paraplegia with Calcium Lactate? - 2 seconds ago
- Provera and False Bittersweet drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Alendronate Sodium and Ultiva drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Portal Vein Phlebitis with Ranitidine? - 6 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 60 year old man who takes Lasix, Pradaxa - 44 minutes ago
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Plavix, Suboxone, Crestor, Magnesium Glycinate, Valium, Aspirin - an hour ago
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Plavix, Crestor, Valium, Aspirin - an hour ago
- A study for a 31 year old woman who takes Reglan, Unisom, Phenergan, Lexapro, Protonix - an hour ago
- A study for a 46 year old woman who takes Enbrel - an hour ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.