Abreva and Obtunded - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Obtunded is reported only by a few people who take Abreva.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Abreva and have Obtunded. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,308 people who have side effects while taking Abreva from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
16,308 people reported to have side effects when taking Abreva.
Among them, 1 person (0.01%) has Obtunded.
What is Abreva?
Abreva has active ingredients of docosanol. It is often used in herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex). eHealthMe is studying from 16,320 Abreva users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Obtunded?
Obtunded is found to be associated with 3,087 drugs and 3,014 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Abreva and Obtunded reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Obtunded when taking Abreva *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Obtunded when taking Abreva *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Abreva *:
- Symbicort: 1 person, 100.00%
- Potassium: 1 person, 100.00%
- Lasix: 1 person, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Obtunded *:
- Weight Abnormal: 1 person, 100.00%
- Pneumonia: 1 person, 100.00%
- Monoplegia (a paralysis of a single limb): 1 person, 100.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 100.00%
- Death: 1 person, 100.00%
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 1 person, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 1 person, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Abreva and have Obtunded?Check whether Obtunded is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Obtunded and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of docosanol:
- Obtunded and drugs with ingredients of docosanol (1 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Abreva:
- Abreva (16,320 reports)
Common Abreva side effects:
Browse all side effects of Abreva:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Obtunded treatments and more:
- Obtunded (52,147 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Obtunded:
- Obtunded in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Obtunded in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Obtunded in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Obtunded:
All the drugs that are associated with Obtunded:
- Obtunded (3,087 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Obtunded:
All the conditions that are associated with Obtunded:
- Obtunded (3,014 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on docosanol (the active ingredients of Abreva) and Abreva (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- How effective is Ferrous Citrate Fe 59 for Iron Deficiency Anaemia? - 6 seconds ago
- Eosinophilia and Leukopenia - 12 seconds ago
- Alcohol and Breathing - Slowed Or Stopped - 13 seconds ago
- Apresoline and Eye Infection - 14 seconds ago
- Rebetol and Blood Creatinine Increased - 19 seconds ago
- Atacand and Esomeprazole Magnesium drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Lipitor vs. Effient - 31 seconds ago
- Pravachol and Omeprazole drug interaction - 53 seconds ago
- Eprex and Skin Cancer - 58 seconds ago
- Triumeq and Descovy drug interaction - a minute ago