Abreva and Shingles - from FDA reports
Shingles is reported only by a few people who take Abreva. We study 13,818 people who have side effects while taking Abreva from FDA. Among them, 2 have Shingles. Find out below who they are, when they have Shingles and more.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
13,818 people reported to have side effects when taking Abreva.
Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Shingles
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Shingles when taking Abreva *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Shingles when taking Abreva *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rashes (redness): 1 person, 50.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Denavir: 1 person, 50.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Therapeutic Response Unexpected: 1 person, 50.00%
- Fever: 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Shingles while taking Abreva?
You are not alone:
Abreva has active ingredients of docosanol. It is often used in herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex). (latest outcomes from Abreva 13,827 users)
Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure (latest reports from 47,218 Shingles patients).
Drugs that are associated with ShinglesShingles (2,139 drugs)
Could your condition cause ShinglesShingles (1,644 conditions)
Abreva side effects
- Abreva side effects (13,818 reports)
Browse all side effects of Abrevaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Heartburn - Chronic with Magnesium Aspartate? - now
- Will you have Gerds with Magnesium Aspartate? - now
- Will you have Gerd with Magnesium Aspartate? - now
- Will you have Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease with Magnesium Aspartate? - now
- Will you have Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease with Magnesium Aspartate? - now
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Lamotrigine, Seroquel Xr, Effexor Xr - 9 minutes ago
- A study for a 6 year old boy who takes Tenex - 14 minutes ago
- A study for a 74 year old woman who takes Lyrica - 27 minutes ago
- A study for a 74 year old man who takes Rytary - 33 minutes ago
- A study for a 34 year old woman who takes Levo-t - an hour ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.