Acamprosate calcium and Irritable bowel syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Irritable bowel syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Acamprosate Calcium.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Acamprosate calcium and have Irritable bowel syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 313 people who have side effects while taking Acamprosate calcium from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
313 people reported to have side effects when taking Acamprosate calcium.
Among them, 3 people (0.96%) have Irritable bowel syndrome.
What is Acamprosate calcium?
Acamprosate calcium has active ingredients of acamprosate calcium. eHealthMe is studying from 328 Acamprosate calcium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Irritable bowel syndrome?
Irritable bowel syndrome is found to be associated with 2,622 drugs and 2,024 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Acamprosate calcium and Irritable bowel syndrome reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Acamprosate calcium *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Acamprosate calcium *:
- Vitamin D3: 3 people, 100.00%
- Singulair: 3 people, 100.00%
- Proair Hfa: 3 people, 100.00%
- Kanuma: 3 people, 100.00%
- Heparin: 3 people, 100.00%
- Advair Hfa: 3 people, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Irritable bowel syndrome *:
- Neck Pain: 3 people, 100.00%
- Nasal Congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels): 3 people, 100.00%
- Injection Site Pain: 3 people, 100.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 3 people, 100.00%
- Haemorrhoids (a swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus): 3 people, 100.00%
- Cough: 3 people, 100.00%
- Haematochezia (passage of stools containing blood): 2 people, 66.67%
- Dizziness: 2 people, 66.67%
- Weight Increased: 1 person, 33.33%
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 1 person, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Lipid Metabolism Disorder (genetic disorders are caused by errors in fatty acid metabolism): 3 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Acamprosate calcium and have Irritable bowel syndrome?Check whether Irritable bowel syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Irritable bowel syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of acamprosate calcium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Acamprosate calcium:
- Acamprosate calcium (328 reports)
Irritable bowel syndrome treatments and more:
- Irritable bowel syndrome (43,332 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Irritable bowel syndrome:
- Irritable bowel syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Irritable bowel syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Irritable bowel syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Irritable bowel syndrome:
- Accutane: 4,848 reports
- Prednisone: 2,927 reports
- Methotrexate: 2,728 reports
- Enbrel: 2,492 reports
- Profen: 2,356 reports
- Ibuprofen: 2,355 reports
- Ibu: 2,355 reports
- Humira: 2,258 reports
- Cimzia: 2,159 reports
- Simponi: 2,131 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Irritable bowel syndrome:
- Irritable bowel syndrome (2,622 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Irritable bowel syndrome:
- Acne: 3,224 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 3,051 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,869 reports
- Osteoporosis: 1,043 reports
- Pain: 876 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 850 reports
- Depression: 778 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Irritable bowel syndrome:
- Irritable bowel syndrome (2,024 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on acamprosate calcium (the active ingredients of Acamprosate calcium) and Acamprosate calcium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Dimethyl Sulfoxide and Cataract - 4 seconds ago
- Loraz and Gastrointestinal Oedema - 7 seconds ago
- Crohn'S Disease and Pvt - 29 seconds ago
- Osteoporosis and Normochromic Normocytic Anaemia - 31 seconds ago
- Lortab and Schizoaffective Disorder Bipolar Type - 36 seconds ago
- Lamictal Xr and Obstruction - 37 seconds ago
- Carbocaine and Bi-Polar - 41 seconds ago
- Carbocaine and Bipolar Disorder - 41 seconds ago
- Staphylococcal Sepsis and Cheyne-Stokes Respiration - 43 seconds ago
- Prednisolone and Serotonin Syndrome - 45 seconds ago