Accupril and Akathisia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Akathisia is reported only by a few people who take Accupril.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Accupril and have Akathisia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12,983 people who have side effects while taking Accupril from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
12,983 people reported to have side effects when taking Accupril.
Among them, 5 people (0.04%) have Akathisia.
What is Accupril?
Accupril has active ingredients of quinapril hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 13,223 Accupril users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Akathisia?
Akathisia (a movement disorder characterized by a feeling of inner restlessness) is found to be associated with 1,231 drugs and 767 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Accupril and Akathisia reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Akathisia when taking Accupril *:
- female: 40 %
- male: 60 %
Age of people who have Akathisia when taking Accupril *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 75 %
- 60+: 25 %
Common drugs people take besides Accupril *:
- Lexapro: 2 people, 40.00%
- Remeron: 2 people, 40.00%
- Lanoxin: 2 people, 40.00%
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 2 people, 40.00%
- Lipitor: 2 people, 40.00%
- Lortab: 2 people, 40.00%
- Metoclopramide: 2 people, 40.00%
- Coumadin: 2 people, 40.00%
- Klonopin: 2 people, 40.00%
- Xanax: 2 people, 40.00%
Common side effects people have besides Akathisia *:
- Irritability: 2 people, 40.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 40.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 40.00%
- Extrapyramidal Disorder (involuntary muscle spasms in the face and neck): 2 people, 40.00%
- Dyskinesia (abnormality or impairment of voluntary movement): 2 people, 40.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 40.00%
- Depression: 2 people, 40.00%
- Completed Suicide (act of taking one's own life): 2 people, 40.00%
- Intervertebral Disc Protrusion (spinal disc protrusion): 2 people, 40.00%
- Tardive Dyskinesia (a disorder that involves involuntary movements): 2 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Depression: 2 people, 40.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 20.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 20.00%
- Gastric Disorder (disease of stomach): 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Accupril and have Akathisia?Check whether Akathisia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Grover S, Sahoo S, "Clozapine induced akathisia: A case report and review of the evidence", Indian journal of pharmacology, 2015 Jan .
How severe was Akathisia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of quinapril hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Accupril:
- Accupril (13,223 reports)
Common Accupril side effects:
Browse all side effects of Accupril:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Akathisia treatments and more:
- Akathisia (13,574 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Akathisia:
- Akathisia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Akathisia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Akathisia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Akathisia:
All the drugs that are associated with Akathisia:
- Akathisia (1,231 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Akathisia:
All the conditions that are associated with Akathisia:
- Akathisia (767 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on quinapril hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Accupril) and Accupril (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zolpidem and Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time Prolonged - 2 seconds ago
- Xanax and Ammonia Increased - 11 seconds ago
- Cystic Fibrosis and Renal Impairment - 12 seconds ago
- Fentanyl and Ammonia Increased - 13 seconds ago
- Avonex and Dysplasia - 28 seconds ago
- Cosopt and Synthroid drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Arthritis Infective and Pain In Extremity - 44 seconds ago
- Fentanyl and Dry Eyes - a minute ago
- Wheezing and Insomnia - a minute ago
- Diflucan and Symmetrel drug interaction - a minute ago