Accutane and Faecal fat increased - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Faecal fat increased is reported only by a few people who take Accutane.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Accutane and have Faecal fat increased. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 32,000 people who have side effects while taking Accutane from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
32,000 people reported to have side effects when taking Accutane.
Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Faecal fat increased.
What is Accutane?
Accutane has active ingredients of isotretinoin. It is often used in acne. eHealthMe is studying from 33,699 Accutane users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Faecal fat increased?
Faecal fat increased (excess fat in stool) is found to be associated with 43 drugs and 49 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Accutane and Faecal fat increased reports submitted per year:
Time on Accutane when people have Faecal fat increased *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Faecal fat increased when taking Accutane *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Faecal fat increased when taking Accutane *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 100 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common side effects people have besides Faecal fat increased *:
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 2 people, 100.00%
- Fever: 2 people, 100.00%
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the nasopharynx): 2 people, 100.00%
- Monocyte Percentage Increased: 2 people, 100.00%
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: 2 people, 100.00%
- Injury: 2 people, 100.00%
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: 2 people, 100.00%
- Hepatic Enzyme Increased: 2 people, 100.00%
- Gastrointestinal Disorder (functional problems of gastrointestinal tract): 2 people, 100.00%
- Gastric Ulcer (stomach ulcer): 2 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Accutane and have Faecal fat increased?Check whether Faecal fat increased is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
How severe was Faecal fat increased and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of isotretinoin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Accutane:
- Accutane (33,699 reports)
Common Accutane side effects:
- Depression: 9,826 reports
- Ulcerative colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 9,190 reports
- Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 7,519 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 5,193 reports
- Irritable bowel syndrome: 4,848 reports
- Colitis (inflammation of colon): 4,317 reports
Browse all side effects of Accutane:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Faecal fat increased treatments and more:
- Faecal fat increased (18 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Faecal fat increased:
- Faecal fat increased in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Faecal fat increased in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Faecal fat increased in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Faecal fat increased:
- Faecal fat increased (43 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Faecal fat increased:
- Faecal fat increased (49 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on isotretinoin (the active ingredients of Accutane) and Accutane (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Amoxicillin and Ascites - 3 seconds ago
- Fosrenol and Asthma - 5 seconds ago
- Rosuvastatin Calcium and Hallucinations - 9 seconds ago
- Dexamethasone and Blood Immunoglobulin G Abnormal - 10 seconds ago
- Triamcinolone Acetonide and Dermatitis Exfoliative Generalised - 11 seconds ago
- Neuropathy - Peripheral in Flexeril, how severe and when it was recovered? - 13 seconds ago
- Peripheral Neuropathy in Flexeril, how severe and when it was recovered? - 13 seconds ago
- Qvar 40 and Thermal Burn - 16 seconds ago
- Ditropan and Diverticular Perforation - 25 seconds ago
- Flagyl and Blood Uric Acid Increased - 29 seconds ago