Accutane and Myalgia - from FDA reports
Myalgia is found among people who take Accutane, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Ortho Tri-Cyclen, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Myalgia with Accutane. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 29,903 people who have side effects when taking Accutane from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 20, 2017
29,903 people reported to have side effects when taking Accutane.
Among them, 993 people (3.32%) have Myalgia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Accutane when people have Myalgia *:
- < 1 month: 12.85 %
- 1 - 6 months: 65.62 %
- 6 - 12 months: 12.5 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.17 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2.43 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.08 %
- 10+ years: 0.35 %
Gender of people who have Myalgia when taking Accutane *:
- female: 57.87 %
- male: 42.13 %
Age of people who have Myalgia when taking Accutane *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 40.62 %
- 20-29: 33.59 %
- 30-39: 15.74 %
- 40-49: 4.91 %
- 50-59: 2.34 %
- 60+: 2.79 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (39 people, 3.93%)
- Stress And Anxiety (22 people, 2.22%)
- Eczema (19 people, 1.91%)
- Migraine (18 people, 1.81%)
- Bronchitis (16 people, 1.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen (93 people, 9.37%)
- Prevacid (51 people, 5.14%)
- Prednisone (44 people, 4.43%)
- Doxycycline (42 people, 4.23%)
- Erythromycin (41 people, 4.13%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (514 people, 51.76%)
- Joint Pain (478 people, 48.14%)
- Depression (400 people, 40.28%)
- Dry Skin (333 people, 33.53%)
- Fatigue (330 people, 33.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Myalgia when taking Accutane?
- Check symptoms - is myalgia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMyalgia and drugs with ingredients of isotretinoin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMyalgia and Accutane from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Accutane has active ingredients of isotretinoin. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Accutane 31,142 users)
Myalgia (muscle pain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 117,261 Myalgia patients).
Browse all side effects of Accutanea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with MyalgiaMyalgia
Could your condition cause MyalgiaMyalgia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi I have gotten nail infections because of my Accutane medication. It started in month 2 and has been on for 3 months. I have been to a few doctors and no one has given me treatment that has helped. Therefore I'm wondering if you know any good treatments.
When I walk my dog my thighs get burning and icy stabbing pain beginning between one and four miles. This hasn't improved in six months of walking five miles each morning and one to two miles in the evening. is this from Pradaxa and what can I do about it?
I am a 71 year old female, I have been taking a statin for over 5 years and started taking biotin about a year ago. I have severe pain in my right thigh for over 3 months now. My doctor took me off the statin a week ago, pain hasn't gotten any better. I am still taking biotin. I will stop ...