Accutane and Upper respiratory tract infection - from FDA reports
Upper respiratory tract infection is found among people who take Accutane, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Ortho Tri-Cyclen, and have Birth control. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30,930 people who have side effects when taking Accutane from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
30,930 people reported to have side effects when taking Accutane.
Among them, 456 people (1.47%) have Upper respiratory tract infection
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Accutane when people have Upper respiratory tract infection *:
- < 1 month: 6.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 67.17 %
- 6 - 12 months: 15.06 %
Gender of people who have Upper respiratory tract infection when taking Accutane *:
- female: 57.91 %
- male: 42.09 %
Age of people who have Upper respiratory tract infection when taking Accutane *:
- 0-1: 2.0 %
- 2-9: 0.25 %
- 10-19: 54.75 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Birth Control: 12 people, 2.63%
- Depression: 9 people, 1.97%
- Iron Deficiency Anaemia: 8 people, 1.75%
- Headache (pain in head): 7 people, 1.54%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 6 people, 1.32%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen: 49 people, 10.75%
- Tylenol: 32 people, 7.02%
- Ibuprofen: 28 people, 6.14%
- Paxil: 16 people, 3.51%
- Claravis: 16 people, 3.51%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: 298 people, 65.35%
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 230 people, 50.44%
- Depression: 212 people, 46.49%
- Colitis (inflammation of colon): 181 people, 39.69%
- Stress And Anxiety: 174 people, 38.16%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Upper respiratory tract infection while taking Accutane?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Upper respiratory tract infection
- Subscribe to monitor Upper respiratory tract infection in Accutane
You are not alone:
Accutane has active ingredients of isotretinoin. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Accutane 32,170 users)
Upper respiratory tract infection
Upper respiratory tract infection has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, osteoporosis, psoriatic arthropathy (latest reports from 36,034 Upper respiratory tract infection patients).
Drugs that are associated with Upper respiratory tract infectionUpper respiratory tract infection (2,010 drugs)
Could your condition cause Upper respiratory tract infectionUpper respiratory tract infection (1,377 conditions)
Accutane side effects
- Accutane side effects (30,934 reports)
Browse all side effects of Accutanea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- What to expect when you take Viagra and have Osteoarthritis? - now
- Coffee and Restoril drug interaction - now
- Will you have Consciousness - Decreased with Zarontin? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Stuporous with Zarontin? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Abdominal Pain Diagnosis with Pain? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 73 year old woman who takes Flecainide Acetate, Eliquis, Cardizem - 3 minutes ago
- A study for a 52 year old woman who takes Methotrexate, Humira, Meloxicam, Lexapro - 25 minutes ago
- Drug comparison of Lamotrigine, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride for a 19 year old girl - 36 minutes ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Xarelto - 44 minutes ago
- A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Losartan, Gabapentin - an hour ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.