Accutane and Upper respiratory tract infection - from FDA reports
Upper respiratory tract infection is found among people who take Accutane, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Ortho Tri-Cyclen, and have Birth control. This review analyzes which people have Upper respiratory tract infection with Accutane. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 29,903 people who have side effects when taking Accutane from FDA , and is updated regularly.
29,903 people reported to have side effects when taking Accutane.
Among them, 453 people (1.51%) have Upper respiratory tract infection
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Accutane when people have Upper respiratory tract infection *:
- < 1 month: 7.34 %
- 1 - 6 months: 67.28 %
- 6 - 12 months: 14.68 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.59 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.98 %
- 5 - 10 years: 1.53 %
- 10+ years: 0.61 %
Gender of people who have Upper respiratory tract infection when taking Accutane *:
- female: 57.85 %
- male: 42.15 %
Age of people who have Upper respiratory tract infection when taking Accutane *:
- 0-1: 2.02 %
- 2-9: 0.25 %
- 10-19: 54.41 %
- 20-29: 25.44 %
- 30-39: 14.36 %
- 40-49: 2.02 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 1.51 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Birth Control: 10 people, 2.21%
- Depression: 9 people, 1.99%
- Iron Deficiency Anaemia: 8 people, 1.77%
- Headache (pain in head): 7 people, 1.55%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 6 people, 1.32%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen: 49 people, 10.82%
- Tylenol: 32 people, 7.06%
- Ibuprofen: 28 people, 6.18%
- Paxil: 16 people, 3.53%
- Claravis: 15 people, 3.31%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: 296 people, 65.34%
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 228 people, 50.33%
- Depression: 211 people, 46.58%
- Colitis (inflammation of colon): 180 people, 39.74%
- Stress And Anxiety: 174 people, 38.41%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Accutane and have Upper respiratory tract infection?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Upper respiratory tract infection
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Accutane has active ingredients of isotretinoin. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Accutane 31,143 users)
Upper respiratory tract infection
Upper respiratory tract infection has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, psoriasis, psoriatic arthropathy (latest reports from 30,532 Upper respiratory tract infection patients).
Drugs that are associated with Upper respiratory tract infectionUpper respiratory tract infection (1,990 drugs)
Could your condition cause Upper respiratory tract infectionUpper respiratory tract infection (1,376 conditions)
Accutane side effects
- Accutane side effects (29,907 reports)
Browse all side effects of Accutanea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Accutane and have Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- Support group for people who have Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- Support group for people who take Accutane
You may be interested in these posts
- i have just started using Repatha am 55 yrs old female and have a genetic history of cholesterol.
- Hi! I just started taking 20mg per day 3 days ago. I am so nervous!!! Any idea when I can expect the dry lips/face?
- I have been taking Accutane 40mg once per day and on my 6th day I did not sleep at all. I tossed and turned the whole night and finally gave up around 4:30. I’ve never had sleep issues before and it is the following night as once again i cannot sleep. I’m writing this at 2am.
- I'm experiencing severe heart palpitations especially when I lay down. I have been in a low dose of accutane for several months. Has anyone else experienced this? Did the palpitations stop when going off Accutane? Thanks!!!
- I got my “period” a week early?? Very light bleeding and not like a regular period. dark brown color. is this because of accutane? I’m on my second month and I usually have regular periods. I’m on the pill and it started exactly a week early. is this because of accutane or could it be...
- Will you have Intestinal Strangulation with Metformin?
- Will you have Nasal Decongestion Therapy with Tramadol?
- Will you have Complex Partial Seizures with Toprol-Xl?
- Will you have Stomach Ulcer with Lamisil?
- Will you have Peripheral Neuropathy with Bronchial Asthma?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Metformin and have Intestinal Strangulation?
- Support group for people who take Tramadol and have Nasal Decongestion Therapy?
- Support group for people who take Toprol-Xl and have Complex Partial Seizures?
- Support group for people who take Lamisil and have Stomach Ulcer?
- Support group for people who have Bronchial Asthma and Peripheral Neuropathy?
- What to expect when you take Metformin and have Intestinal Strangulation?
- What to expect when you take Tramadol and have Nasal Decongestion Therapy?
- What to expect when you take Toprol-Xl and have Complex Partial Seizures?
- What to expect when you take Lamisil and have Stomach Ulcer?
- What to expect when you have Bronchial Asthma and Peripheral Neuropathy?
- A study for a 56 year old man who takes Farxiga
- A study for a 32 year old woman who takes Rasuvo, Humira, Prednisone, Folate
- A study for a 43 year old man who takes Methotrexate
- A study for a 43 year old man who takes Methotrexate
- A study for a 43 year old woman who takes Focalin, Wellbutrin Sr
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.