Accutane and Vaginal yeast infection - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 32,747 people who have side effects when taking Accutane. Vaginal yeast infection is found, especially among people who are 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take Ortho tri-cyclen and have Birth control.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Accutane and have Vaginal yeast infection. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
32,747 people reported to have side effects when taking Accutane.
Among them, 54 people (0.16%) have Vaginal yeast infection.
What is Accutane?
Accutane has active ingredients of isotretinoin. It is used in acne. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 34,521 Accutane users.
What is Vaginal yeast infection?
Vaginal yeast infection is found to be associated with 505 drugs and 274 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 1,883 people who have Vaginal yeast infection.
Number of Accutane and Vaginal yeast infection reports submitted per year:
Time on Accutane when people have Vaginal yeast infection *:
- < 1 month: 5.56 %
- 1 - 6 months: 77.78 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 11.11 %
- 5 - 10 years: 5.56 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Vaginal yeast infection when taking Accutane *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 44 %
- 20-29: 32 %
- 30-39: 16 %
- 40-49: 2 %
- 50-59: 6 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Accutane *:
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen: 18 people, 33.33%
- Zantac: 3 people, 5.56%
- Parnate: 2 people, 3.70%
- Prozac: 2 people, 3.70%
- Benzamycin: 2 people, 3.70%
- Phenergan: 2 people, 3.70%
- Premarin: 2 people, 3.70%
- Provera: 2 people, 3.70%
- Spectazole: 2 people, 3.70%
- Synthroid: 2 people, 3.70%
Common side effects people have besides Vaginal yeast infection *:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: 19 people, 35.19%
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 19 people, 35.19%
- Hair Loss: 17 people, 31.48%
- Depression: 16 people, 29.63%
- Joint Pain: 15 people, 27.78%
- Vaginitis Bacterial (inflammation of the vagina caused by bacterial infection): 15 people, 27.78%
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (disorder that causes extreme fatigue): 15 people, 27.78%
- Suicidal Ideation: 14 people, 25.93%
- Intestinal Obstruction: 14 people, 25.93%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 14 people, 25.93%
Common conditions people have *:
- Musculoskeletal Pain (pain affects the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves): 1 person, 1.85%
- Birth Control: 1 person, 1.85%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Accutane and have Vaginal yeast infection?Check whether Vaginal yeast infection is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
Accutane side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Accutane side effects (34,521 reports)
Vaginal yeast infection treatments and more:
- Vaginal yeast infection (1,883 reports)
All the drugs that are associated with Vaginal yeast infection:
- Vaginal yeast infection (505 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Vaginal yeast infection:
- Vaginal yeast infection (274 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on isotretinoin (the active ingredients of Accutane) and Accutane (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Valacyclovir and Ibuprofen drug interaction - now
- Toprol-Xl and Tremor - 4 seconds ago
- Atripla and Osteomalacia - 31 seconds ago
- Valtrex and Seroquel drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Diazepam and Chronic Kidney Disease - 44 seconds ago
- Probiotic and Crohn'S Disease - 48 seconds ago
- Xarelto and Benzonatate drug interaction - 57 seconds ago
- Truvada and Osteomalacia - a minute ago
- Ritalin and Panic Disorder - a minute ago
- Adderall and Soma drug interaction - a minute ago