Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and Abdominal distension - from FDA reports
Abdominal distension is found among people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lansoprazole, and have Type 2 diabetes. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,908 people who have side effects when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
2,908 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate.
Among them, 29 people (1.0%) have Abdominal distension
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate when people have Abdominal distension *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 25 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 25 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Abdominal distension when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate *:
- female: 57.14 %
- male: 42.86 %
Age of people who have Abdominal distension when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 7.69 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 11.54 %
- 50-59: 23.08 %
- 60+: 57.69 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures): 6 people, 20.69%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 6 people, 20.69%
- Trigeminal Neuralgia (a painful condition of the nerve responsible for most facial sensation): 3 people, 10.34%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 3 people, 10.34%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 3 people, 10.34%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lansoprazole: 11 people, 37.93%
- Aspirin: 8 people, 27.59%
- Levetiracetam: 6 people, 20.69%
- Enalapril Maleate: 6 people, 20.69%
- Pregabalin: 6 people, 20.69%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Abdominal Pain: 13 people, 44.83%
- Dizziness: 9 people, 31.03%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 9 people, 31.03%
- Pulmonary Oedema (fluid accumulation in the lungs): 8 people, 27.59%
- High Blood Pressure: 7 people, 24.14%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Abdominal distension while taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Abdominal distension
- Subscribe to monitor Abdominal distension in Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and have Abdominal distension
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate has active ingredients of acetaminophen; codeine phosphate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate 3,208 users)
Abdominal distension has been reported by people with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, birth control, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 73,428 Abdominal distension patients).
Drugs that are associated with Abdominal distensionAbdominal distension (2,923 drugs)
Could your condition cause Abdominal distensionAbdominal distension (2,413 conditions)
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate side effects
- Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate side effects (2,908 reports)
Browse all side effects of Acetaminophen and codeine phosphatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have General Ill Feeling with Lysodren? - now
- Will you have Gun Shot Wound with Brilinta? - now
- Will you have Waking At Night Short Of Breath with Naproxen? - a second ago
- Will you have Brain Abscess with Risedronate Sodium? - a second ago
- Will you have Cns Abscess with Risedronate Sodium? - a second ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Losartan, Zocor - 25 minutes ago
- A study for a 36 year old woman who takes Atarax - 34 minutes ago
- A study for a 60 year old woman who takes Tylenol, B Complex Vitamin, Prilosec Otc - 40 minutes ago
- A study for a 18 year old girl who takes Spironolactone, Lithium Carbonate, Lamictal Xr, Abilify - 59 minutes ago
- A study for a 46 year old woman who takes Allegra Allergy - an hour ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.