Who have Abdominal distension with Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate - from FDA reports
Abdominal distension is found among people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lansoprazole, and have Type 2 diabetes. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,908 people who have side effects when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
2,908 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate.
Among them, 29 people (1.0%) have Abdominal distension
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate when people have Abdominal distension *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 25 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 25 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Abdominal distension when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate *:
- female: 57.14 %
- male: 42.86 %
Age of people who have Abdominal distension when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 7.69 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 11.54 %
- 50-59: 23.08 %
- 60+: 57.69 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures): 6 people, 20.69%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 6 people, 20.69%
- Trigeminal Neuralgia (a painful condition of the nerve responsible for most facial sensation): 3 people, 10.34%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 3 people, 10.34%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 3 people, 10.34%
- Migraine (headache): 3 people, 10.34%
- Indigestion: 3 people, 10.34%
- Hepatic Neoplasm Malignant (liver cancer): 2 people, 6.90%
- Weight Decreased: 1 person, 3.45%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 3.45%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lansoprazole: 11 people, 37.93%
- Aspirin: 8 people, 27.59%
- Enalapril Maleate: 6 people, 20.69%
- Pregabalin: 6 people, 20.69%
- Avandia: 6 people, 20.69%
- Levetiracetam: 6 people, 20.69%
- Gliclazide: 6 people, 20.69%
- Clobazam: 6 people, 20.69%
- Valproic Acid: 6 people, 20.69%
- Doxazosin Mesylate: 6 people, 20.69%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Abdominal Pain: 13 people, 44.83%
- Dizziness: 9 people, 31.03%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 9 people, 31.03%
- Pulmonary Oedema (fluid accumulation in the lungs): 8 people, 27.59%
- High Blood Pressure: 7 people, 24.14%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 7 people, 24.14%
- Tenderness (pain or discomfort when an affected area is touched): 7 people, 24.14%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 7 people, 24.14%
- Microalbuminuria (albumin into the urine): 6 people, 20.69%
- Diabetic Microangiopathy (small blood vessels of the body are damaged due to diabetes): 6 people, 20.69%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Abdominal distension while taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Abdominal distension
- Subscribe to monitor Abdominal distension in Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and have Abdominal distension
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate has active ingredients of acetaminophen; codeine phosphate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate 3,208 users)
Abdominal distension has been reported by people with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, birth control, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 75,944 Abdominal distension patients).
Drugs that are associated with Abdominal distensionAbdominal distension (2,933 drugs)
Could your condition cause Abdominal distensionAbdominal distension (2,418 conditions)
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate side effects
- Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate side effects (2,908 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Acetaminophen and codeine phosphatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Compare Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate to similar drugs:
- Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate vs Dextromethorphan polistirex
- Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate vs Lyrica
- Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate vs Oxycontin
- Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate vs Prilosec otc
- Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate vs Prometh w/ dextromethorphan
- Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate vs Pulmicort flexhaler
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Glaucoma with Epirubicin Hydrochloride? - now
- Will you have Abscess with Warfarin Sodium? - a second ago
- Hemp and Ocufen drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Stiffness In A Joint with Reglan? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Pain - Joints with Reglan? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Joint Aches with Reglan? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Bone And Joint Pain with Reglan? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Arthralgia with Reglan? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Joint Pain with Reglan? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Tinnitus with Boswellia? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 78 year old man who takes Atenolol - 10 minutes ago
- A study for a 53 year old woman who takes Aubagio - 18 minutes ago
- A study for a 83 year old woman who takes Tylenol, Morphine Sulfate, Robitussin - 4 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Effexor, Ventolin, Ritalin for a 32 year old woman - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Concerta - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 50 year old woman who takes Lipitor - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 50 year old woman who takes Spiriva Respimat, Prednisone - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Cymbalta, Lyrica - 12 hours ago
- A study for a 1 year old girl who takes Roxicodone - 12 hours ago
- A study for a 26 year old man who takes Ambien, Tagamet - 12 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.