Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and Jaundice - from FDA reports
Jaundice is found among people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Acetaminophen, and have Nasopharyngitis. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,908 people who have side effects when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
2,908 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate.
Among them, 44 people (1.51%) have Jaundice
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate when people have Jaundice *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Jaundice when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate *:
- female: 82.93 %
- male: 17.07 %
Age of people who have Jaundice when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 50.0 %
- 30-39: 2.5 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 25.0 %
- 60+: 22.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pharyngitis Streptococcal (inflammation of the pharynx caused by infection from. streptococcus): 19 people, 43.18%
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the nasopharynx): 19 people, 43.18%
- Candidiasis (candidiasis or thrush is a fungal infection): 4 people, 9.09%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 4 people, 9.09%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 6.82%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Acetaminophen: 21 people, 47.73%
- Ibuprofen: 20 people, 45.45%
- Fluconazole: 10 people, 22.73%
- Carbamazepine: 9 people, 20.45%
- Albuterol: 7 people, 15.91%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hepatic Failure (liver failure): 22 people, 50.00%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 20 people, 45.45%
- Gait Disturbance: 19 people, 43.18%
- Swallowing Difficulty: 19 people, 43.18%
- Memory Loss: 19 people, 43.18%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Jaundice while taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Jaundice
- Subscribe to monitor Jaundice in Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
You are not alone:
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate has active ingredients of acetaminophen; codeine phosphate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate 3,208 users)
Jaundice (a yellowish pigmentation of the skin, the conjunctival membranes) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, hiv infection, hepatitis c, depression, pain (latest reports from 24,114 Jaundice patients).
Drugs that are associated with JaundiceJaundice (2,210 drugs)
Could your condition cause JaundiceJaundice (2,370 conditions)
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate side effects
- Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate side effects (2,908 reports)
Browse all side effects of Acetaminophen and codeine phosphatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Frequent Or Urgent Urination with Folic Acid? - now
- Will you have Concomitant Disease Aggravated with Cayston? - a second ago
- Will you have Bronchoscopy Abnormal with Montelukast Sodium? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Nail Bed Inflammation with Fexofenadine Hydrochloride? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Ear Tuberculosis with Topamax? - 5 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Zoloft, Velivet - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 42 year old woman who takes Xarelto, Sumatriptan - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Norco - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 64 year old man who takes Metformin - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 60 year old man who takes Lasix, Pradaxa - 8 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.