Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and Muscle aches - from FDA reports
Muscle aches is found among people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Simvastatin, and have High blood cholesterol. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,908 people who have side effects when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
2,908 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate.
Among them, 48 people (1.65%) have Muscle aches
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate when people have Muscle aches *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Muscle aches when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate *:
- female: 46.67 %
- male: 53.33 %
Age of people who have Muscle aches when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol: 16 people, 33.33%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 5 people, 10.42%
- Depression: 4 people, 8.33%
- Neck Pain: 4 people, 8.33%
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (reoccurrence of an inflammatory disease in which the insulating covers of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord are damaged): 3 people, 6.25%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Simvastatin: 17 people, 35.42%
- Omeprazole: 14 people, 29.17%
- Zocor: 11 people, 22.92%
- Aspirin: 10 people, 20.83%
- Acetaminophen: 9 people, 18.75%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness: 18 people, 37.50%
- Rhabdomyolysis (a condition in which damaged skeletal muscle tissue breaks down): 17 people, 35.42%
- Abdominal Pain: 13 people, 27.08%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 10 people, 20.83%
- Blood Creatine Phosphokinase Increased: 9 people, 18.75%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Muscle aches while taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Muscle aches
- Subscribe to monitor Muscle aches in Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
You are not alone:
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate has active ingredients of acetaminophen; codeine phosphate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate 3,208 users)
Muscle aches (muscle pain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis (latest reports from 136,526 Muscle aches patients).
Drugs that are associated with Muscle achesMuscle aches (3,357 drugs)
Could your condition cause Muscle achesMuscle aches (3,225 conditions)
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate side effects
- Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate side effects (2,908 reports)
Browse all side effects of Acetaminophen and codeine phosphatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Infantile Eczema with Prunella Vulgaris? - a second ago
- Will you have Cigar Smoking with C. Diff? - a second ago
- Will you have Pain Relief By Acupuncture with Probiotic? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Pain Relief with Probiotic? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Pain Management with Probiotic? - 6 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 46 year old woman who takes Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Protonix, Xarelto, Effexor Xr, Lyrica, Oxycodone, Lisinopril - 6 minutes ago
- A study for a 70 year old man who takes Flonase, Lopressor, Zyrtec - 9 minutes ago
- Drug comparison of Sulfasalazine, Actemra for a 47 year old woman - 53 minutes ago
- A study for a 47 year old woman who takes Sulfasalazine, Actemra - 59 minutes ago
- A study for a 55 year old woman who takes Cosentyx - an hour ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.