Acetazolamide and Diabetic nephropathy - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Diabetic nephropathy is reported only by a few people who take Acetazolamide.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Acetazolamide and have Diabetic nephropathy. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,756 people who have side effects while taking Acetazolamide from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,756 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetazolamide.
Among them, 4 people (0.08%) have Diabetic nephropathy.
What is Acetazolamide?
Acetazolamide has active ingredients of acetazolamide. It is often used in pseudotumor cerebri. eHealthMe is studying from 4,962 Acetazolamide users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Diabetic nephropathy?
Diabetic nephropathy (diabetic kidney disease) is found to be associated with 1,085 drugs and 535 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Acetazolamide and Diabetic nephropathy reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Diabetic nephropathy when taking Acetazolamide *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Diabetic nephropathy when taking Acetazolamide *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Acetazolamide *:
- Levothyroxine Sodium: 4 people, 100.00%
- Nicotine: 4 people, 100.00%
- Methylprednisolone: 4 people, 100.00%
- Lotensin: 4 people, 100.00%
- Wellbutrin: 4 people, 100.00%
- Klor-Con: 4 people, 100.00%
- Ibuprofen: 4 people, 100.00%
- Hydroxyzine: 4 people, 100.00%
- Glucovance: 4 people, 100.00%
- Furosemide: 4 people, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Diabetic nephropathy *:
- Acute Respiratory Failure: 4 people, 100.00%
- Pneumonia Streptococcal (pneumonia, caused by streptococcus pneumoniae): 4 people, 100.00%
- Asthma: 4 people, 100.00%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 4 people, 100.00%
- Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control: 4 people, 100.00%
- Renal Failure Chronic (long lasting kidney dysfunction): 4 people, 100.00%
- Multiple Injuries: 4 people, 100.00%
- Anaemia Of Chronic Disease: 3 people, 75.00%
- Bronchitis Chronic (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes- chronic): 3 people, 75.00%
- Hypertensive Heart Disease: 3 people, 75.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Acetazolamide and have Diabetic nephropathy?Check whether Diabetic nephropathy is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Hu CY, Lee BJ, Cheng HF, Wang CY, "Acetazolamide-related life-threatening hypophosphatemia in a glaucoma patient", Journal of glaucoma, 2015 Apr .
How severe was Diabetic nephropathy and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of acetazolamide:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Acetazolamide:
- Acetazolamide (4,962 reports)
Common Acetazolamide side effects:
Browse all side effects of Acetazolamide:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Diabetic nephropathy treatments and more:
- Diabetic nephropathy (4,190 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Diabetic nephropathy:
- Diabetic nephropathy in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Diabetic nephropathy in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Diabetic nephropathy in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Diabetic nephropathy:
All the drugs that are associated with Diabetic nephropathy:
- Diabetic nephropathy (1,085 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Diabetic nephropathy:
All the conditions that are associated with Diabetic nephropathy:
- Diabetic nephropathy (535 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on acetazolamide (the active ingredients of Acetazolamide) and Acetazolamide (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Type 1 Diabetes in Zoloft, how severe and when it was recovered? - a second ago
- Pain In Extremity and High Blood Cholesterol - 2 seconds ago
- Ultram and Nplate drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Blood In Stool in Femcet, how severe and when it was recovered? - 10 seconds ago
- How effective is Mucinex Dm for Nasal Congestion? - 25 seconds ago
- Orencia and Cranberry drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Accupril and Swallowing Difficulty - 44 seconds ago
- Postmenopause and Paranasal Sinus Hypersecretion - 48 seconds ago
- Ceftriaxone and Atrioventricular Block Complete - 51 seconds ago
- Estrace and Morphine Sulfate drug interaction - 52 seconds ago