Acetylcysteine and Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Acetylcysteine.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Acetylcysteine and have Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,194 people who have side effects while taking Acetylcysteine from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
9,194 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetylcysteine.
Among them, 2 people (0.02%) have Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome.
What is Acetylcysteine?
Acetylcysteine has active ingredients of acetylcysteine. It is often used in cough. eHealthMe is studying from 9,280 Acetylcysteine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome?
Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (abnormal increase in heart rate on becoming upright) is found to be associated with 500 drugs and 244 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Acetylcysteine and Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome when taking Acetylcysteine *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome when taking Acetylcysteine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Acetylcysteine *:
- Xyrem: 2 people, 100.00%
- Wellbutrin: 2 people, 100.00%
- Vitamin D3: 2 people, 100.00%
- Vitamin C: 2 people, 100.00%
- Soma: 2 people, 100.00%
- Silybum Marianum: 2 people, 100.00%
- Selenium: 2 people, 100.00%
- Savella: 2 people, 100.00%
- Ritalin: 2 people, 100.00%
- Nuvigil: 2 people, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome *:
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 2 people, 100.00%
- Hepatic Mass: 2 people, 100.00%
- Cardiac Disorder: 2 people, 100.00%
- Autonomic Nervous System Imbalance (autonomic nervous system is of net equal emphasis): 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 2 people, 100.00%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 2 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Acetylcysteine and have Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome?Check whether Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of acetylcysteine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Acetylcysteine:
- Acetylcysteine (9,280 reports)
Common Acetylcysteine side effects:
Browse all side effects of Acetylcysteine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome treatments and more:
- Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (1,831 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome:
- Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome:
- Xyrem: 167 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome:
- Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (500 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome:
- Narcolepsy: 160 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome:
- Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (244 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on acetylcysteine (the active ingredients of Acetylcysteine) and Acetylcysteine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lioresal and Aromasin drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Ibuprofen and Paradoxical Drug Reaction - 36 seconds ago
- Amitriptyline Hydrochloride and Levitra drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Chondroitin and Multiple Myeloma - 45 seconds ago
- Subutex and Gums - Swollen - 46 seconds ago
- Omeprazole and Crepitations - 58 seconds ago
- Lorbrena and Nosebleed - a minute ago
- Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia and Ascites - a minute ago
- Amitriptyline Hydrochloride and Death - a minute ago
- Vitamin D3 and Gynecomastia - a minute ago