Acetylsalicylic acid and Schizophrenia - from FDA reports
Schizophrenia is found among people who take Acetylsalicylic acid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Simvastatin, and have Quit smoking. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 70,605 people who have side effects when taking Acetylsalicylic acid from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
70,605 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetylsalicylic acid.
Among them, 14 people (0.02%) have Schizophrenia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Acetylsalicylic acid when people have Schizophrenia *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Schizophrenia when taking Acetylsalicylic acid *:
- female: 57.14 %
- male: 42.86 %
Age of people who have Schizophrenia when taking Acetylsalicylic acid *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Ill-Defined Disorder: 4 people, 28.57%
- Quit Smoking: 4 people, 28.57%
- Schizoaffective Disorder (a mental disorder characterized by disordered thought): 2 people, 14.29%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 14.29%
- Heart Disease: 1 person, 7.14%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lithium Carbonate: 6 people, 42.86%
- Simvastatin: 6 people, 42.86%
- Lisinopril: 5 people, 35.71%
- Olanzapine: 5 people, 35.71%
- Metoprolol Tartrate: 4 people, 28.57%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 8 people, 57.14%
- Depression: 6 people, 42.86%
- Delusion (a false belief or opinion): 4 people, 28.57%
- Dialysis: 4 people, 28.57%
- Renal Failure Chronic (long lasting kidney dysfunction): 4 people, 28.57%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Schizophrenia while taking Acetylsalicylic acid?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Schizophrenia
- Subscribe to monitor Schizophrenia in Acetylsalicylic acid
You are not alone:
Acetylsalicylic acid has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Acetylsalicylic acid 70,733 users)
Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes) has been reported by people with schizophrenia, depression, stress and anxiety, schizophrenia, paranoid type, high blood pressure (latest reports from 79,360 Schizophrenia patients).
Drugs that are associated with SchizophreniaSchizophrenia (854 drugs)
Could your condition cause SchizophreniaSchizophrenia (598 conditions)
Acetylsalicylic acid side effects
- Acetylsalicylic acid side effects (70,620 reports)
Browse all side effects of Acetylsalicylic acida b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Alokaily FA, Alghamdi M, Almalki AS, Alhussaini H, "Aspirin induced leukocytoclastic vasculitis, lower gastrointestinal hemorrhage and acute renal failure (mimicking systemic vasculitis)", Saudi medical journal, 2013 Apr .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Impaired Driving Ability with Valtrex? - a second ago
- Will you have Learning Disorder with Zyrtec? - a second ago
- Will you have Vision Blurred with Mirvaso? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Thin Bones with Thorazine? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Osteoporosis with Thorazine? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- Prediction of Tramadol for a 70 year old man - 6 minutes ago
- A study for a 74 year old woman who takes Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (81mg Aspirin), Xanax, Xarelto, Metoprolol Tartrate, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Zolpidem, Metformin - 16 minutes ago
- A study for a 52 year old woman who takes Nicorette - 18 minutes ago
- A study for a 55 year old woman who takes Omeprazole - 33 minutes ago
- A study for a 46 year old woman who takes Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Protonix, Xarelto, Effexor Xr, Lyrica, Oxycodone, Lisinopril - 51 minutes ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.