Acetylsalicylic acid and Subarachnoid haemorrhage - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Subarachnoid haemorrhage is found among people who take Acetylsalicylic acid, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Acetylsalicylic acid and have Subarachnoid haemorrhage. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 119,478 people who have side effects when taking Acetylsalicylic acid from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
119,478 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetylsalicylic acid.
Among them, 355 people (0.3%) have Subarachnoid haemorrhage.
What is Acetylsalicylic acid?
Acetylsalicylic acid has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 119,615 Acetylsalicylic acid users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Subarachnoid haemorrhage?
Subarachnoid haemorrhage (blood leaks into the space between two membranes that surround the brain) is found to be associated with 1,448 drugs and 962 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Acetylsalicylic acid and Subarachnoid haemorrhage reports submitted per year:
Time on Acetylsalicylic acid when people have Subarachnoid haemorrhage *:
Gender of people who have Subarachnoid haemorrhage when taking Acetylsalicylic acid*:
Age of people who have Subarachnoid haemorrhage when taking Acetylsalicylic acid *:
Common drugs people take besides Acetylsalicylic acid *:
Common side effects people have besides Subarachnoid haemorrhage *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Acetylsalicylic acid and have Subarachnoid haemorrhage?Check whether Subarachnoid haemorrhage is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Alokaily FA, Alghamdi M, Almalki AS, Alhussaini H, "Aspirin induced leukocytoclastic vasculitis, lower gastrointestinal hemorrhage and acute renal failure (mimicking systemic vasculitis)", Saudi medical journal, 2013 Apr .
How severe was Subarachnoid haemorrhage and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of aspirin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Acetylsalicylic acid:
- Acetylsalicylic acid (119,615 reports)
Common Acetylsalicylic acid side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 6,359 reports
- Pain: 5,777 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 5,700 reports
- Drug ineffective: 5,625 reports
- Dizziness: 5,278 reports
- Weakness: 5,250 reports
Browse all side effects of Acetylsalicylic acid:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Subarachnoid haemorrhage treatments and more:
- Subarachnoid haemorrhage (10,733 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Subarachnoid haemorrhage:
- Subarachnoid haemorrhage in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Subarachnoid haemorrhage in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Subarachnoid haemorrhage in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Subarachnoid haemorrhage:
- Aspirin: 953 reports
- Xarelto: 867 reports
- Pradaxa: 453 reports
- Heparin: 431 reports
- Furosemide: 376 reports
- Prednisolone: 367 reports
- Acetylsalicylic acid: 355 reports
- Prednisone: 354 reports
- Clopidogrel: 341 reports
- Methotrexate: 314 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Subarachnoid haemorrhage:
- Subarachnoid haemorrhage (1,448 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Subarachnoid haemorrhage:
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 1,418 reports
- Stroke: 838 reports
- High blood pressure: 614 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Subarachnoid haemorrhage:
- Subarachnoid haemorrhage (962 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on aspirin (the active ingredients of Acetylsalicylic acid) and Acetylsalicylic acid (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Insulin and Hepatitis Chronic Active - a second ago
- Ogen and Klor-Con drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Efudex and Probiotic drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Actonel and N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Risperdal and Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal - 33 seconds ago
- Hydrea and Abnormal Behavior - 43 seconds ago
- Mirtazapine and Mitral Valve Prolapse - 48 seconds ago
- Potassium and Clindamycin Hydrochloride drug interaction - 49 seconds ago
- Ketamine Hydrochloride and Vitamins drug interaction - a minute ago
- Carafate and Catheterisation Cardiac Abnormal - a minute ago