Aciphex and Acne - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 24,467 people who have side effects when taking Aciphex. Acne is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take Allegra and have Crohn's disease.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Aciphex and have Acne. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
24,467 people reported to have side effects when taking Aciphex.
Among them, 42 people (0.17%) have Acne.
What is Aciphex?
Aciphex has active ingredients of rabeprazole sodium. It is used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 25,171 Aciphex users.
What is Acne?
Acne (skin problems that cause pimples) is found to be associated with 2,620 drugs and 2,214 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 173,296 people who have Acne.
Number of Aciphex and Acne reports submitted per year:
Time on Aciphex when people have Acne *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 100 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Acne when taking Aciphex *:
- female: 76.19 %
- male: 23.81 %
Age of people who have Acne when taking Aciphex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 9.38 %
- 40-49: 15.62 %
- 50-59: 18.75 %
- 60+: 56.25 %
Common drugs people take besides Aciphex *:
- Allegra: 7 people, 16.67%
- Aspirin: 6 people, 14.29%
- Zyrtec: 5 people, 11.90%
- Lomotil: 5 people, 11.90%
- Pentasa: 5 people, 11.90%
- Nexium: 5 people, 11.90%
- Diflucan: 5 people, 11.90%
- Xanax: 5 people, 11.90%
- Asacol: 5 people, 11.90%
- Protonix: 5 people, 11.90%
Common side effects people have besides Acne *:
- Rashes (redness): 21 people, 50.00%
- Itching: 11 people, 26.19%
- Weight Decreased: 10 people, 23.81%
- Dizziness: 10 people, 23.81%
- Head Injury: 8 people, 19.05%
- Pain: 8 people, 19.05%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 8 people, 19.05%
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 8 people, 19.05%
- Body Height Decreased: 7 people, 16.67%
- Breathing Difficulty: 7 people, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 7 people, 16.67%
- Gastric Disorder (disease of stomach): 5 people, 11.90%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 5 people, 11.90%
- Feeling Abnormal: 4 people, 9.52%
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 4 people, 9.52%
- Migraine (headache): 3 people, 7.14%
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (reoccurrence of an inflammatory disease in which the insulating covers of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord are damaged): 3 people, 7.14%
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas): 3 people, 7.14%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 3 people, 7.14%
- Breast Cancer: 3 people, 7.14%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Aciphex and have Acne?Check whether Acne is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Aciphex side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Aciphex side effects (25,171 reports)
Acne treatments and more:
- Acne (173,296 reports)
Common drugs associated with Acne:
- Adapalene: 38,089 reports
- Green tea: 16,709 reports
- Prednisone: 2,317 reports
- Humira: 2,002 reports
- Mirena: 1,867 reports
- Enbrel: 1,616 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,589 reports
- Vitamins: 1,365 reports
- Xeljanz: 1,359 reports
- Vitamin d: 1,093 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Acne:
- Acne (2,620 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Acne:
All the conditions that are associated with Acne:
- Acne (2,214 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on rabeprazole sodium (the active ingredients of Aciphex) and Aciphex (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Entyvio and Dehydration - 8 seconds ago
- Seroquel Xr and Coronary Heart Disease - 9 seconds ago
- Apriso and Coq10 drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Ultracet and Lidoderm drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Lisinopril and Vaginal Discharge - 28 seconds ago
- Lamivudine and Renal Failure Acute - 28 seconds ago
- Vinblastine Sulfate and Headache - 31 seconds ago
- Septra and Zymaxid drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Diphen and Osphena drug interaction - 48 seconds ago
- Fioricet and Swelling - 48 seconds ago