Actemra and Splenic haemorrhage - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Splenic haemorrhage is found among people who take Actemra, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Actemra and have Splenic haemorrhage. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 85,119 people who have side effects when taking Actemra from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
85,119 people reported to have side effects when taking Actemra.
Among them, 13 people (0.02%) have Splenic haemorrhage.
What is Actemra?
Actemra has active ingredients of tocilizumab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 85,315 Actemra users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Splenic haemorrhage?
Splenic haemorrhage (bleeding from spleen) is found to be associated with 332 drugs and 144 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Actemra and Splenic haemorrhage reports submitted per year:
Time on Actemra when people have Splenic haemorrhage *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Splenic haemorrhage when taking Actemra *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Splenic haemorrhage when taking Actemra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Actemra *:
- Zopiclone: 13 people, 100.00%
- Plaquenil: 13 people, 100.00%
- Cymbalta: 13 people, 100.00%
- Amlodipine: 13 people, 100.00%
- Methotrexate: 5 people, 38.46%
- Sulfasalazine: 3 people, 23.08%
- Risedronate Sodium: 3 people, 23.08%
- Metoclopramide: 3 people, 23.08%
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 3 people, 23.08%
- Folic Acid: 3 people, 23.08%
Common side effects people have besides Splenic haemorrhage *:
- Accident: 13 people, 100.00%
- Rib Fracture: 13 people, 100.00%
- Pneumothorax (the presence of air or gas in the cavity between the lungs and the chest wall, causing collapse of the lung): 13 people, 100.00%
- Chest Pain: 13 people, 100.00%
- Oral Herpes (viral infection of mouth): 13 people, 100.00%
- Fall: 13 people, 100.00%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 12 people, 92.31%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 12 people, 92.31%
- Blood Pressure Diastolic Decreased: 12 people, 92.31%
- Blood Pressure Systolic Increased: 12 people, 92.31%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Actemra and have Splenic haemorrhage?Check whether Splenic haemorrhage is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Splenic haemorrhage and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of tocilizumab:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Actemra:
- Actemra (85,315 reports)
Common Actemra side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 40,430 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 25,436 reports
- Pain: 20,065 reports
- Joint pain: 16,945 reports
- Joint swelling: 15,891 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 13,817 reports
- Rashes (redness): 13,617 reports
Browse all side effects of Actemra:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Splenic haemorrhage treatments and more:
- Splenic haemorrhage (583 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Splenic haemorrhage:
- Splenic haemorrhage in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Splenic haemorrhage in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Splenic haemorrhage in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Splenic haemorrhage:
- Splenic haemorrhage (332 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Splenic haemorrhage:
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 102 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Splenic haemorrhage:
- Splenic haemorrhage (144 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on tocilizumab (the active ingredients of Actemra) and Actemra (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ammonium Lactate and Loxapine drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Escitalopram and Fish Oil drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Marinol and Oxcarbazepine drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Abstral and Lactulose drug interaction - 52 seconds ago
- Amaryl and Prilosec drug interaction - a minute ago
- Tekturna and Diverticulum Intestinal - 2 minutes ago
- Vivitrol and Pneumonia Viral - 2 minutes ago
- Atacand and Tongue Discoloration - 2 minutes ago
- Everolimus and Procalcitonin Increased - 3 minutes ago
- Replavite and Pneumonia Aggravated - 3 minutes ago